4 ; punches

You'd think the days after the villain attack would be more low lying, and things would be more peaceful?

Wrong.

Instead, the public were swarming Bakugou's house day and night, trying to get a good scoop off him. After all, it's not like any sane journalist would miss the opportunity to write about All Might, the number one hero. It'd probably get them heaps of cash.

So our street went from quiet and deserted to hustling and bustling all day and all night. Well, the crowd was mostly around Bakugou. But it still affected me a little since I only lived a few houses away.

If any of his neighbors took a picture of Bakugou through the window of his house and sold the picture on eBay, the press would probably buy it for 1 million yen.

That's how publicity works around these parts. It's kind of creepy. But it is what it is.

Unlike what she thought, she saw way less of Izuku during the coming months after the sludge villain attack. Miku wasn't that sure of what he was doing but only knew that she had one specific goal she needed to work toward.

The entrance exams for UA High. Maybe that was what Izuku was doing too. He was probably training his hardest to get in. And the same goes for Bakugou. The public hasn't seen him once, even though he's got the press surrounding his house. He's probably been in his room lifting dumbells all day long.

They're probably training their hardest.

So Miku decided to train her hardest too. But if she wanted to train herself to her fullest potential, she'd need to use it. There's no way she'd pass the entrance exam without using her quirk.

"Hey, sweetie." Miku's mom Mirai said, poking her head into her room.

"Hey, mom." Miku said, greeting her.

"You know, you don't have to go to UA..." her mom said, a sad smile on her face.

"But I want to go! I want to save people! UA High School is the place where I can do that." Miku protested, pouting.

"Or are you only going because Bakugou and Midoriya are?" Her mom asked.

Miku looked to the ground, shuffling her feet nervously. It's not like she could deny that answer.

"Look, mom. Having the two of them go there as well is just a bonus. What I know is that I do want to be a hero." Miku said.

"Honey, you haven't used your quirk at all for years. Do you even know how to control it anymore?" Her mom asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I used it just a few days ago! I helped Izuku-Kun when Bakugou-senpai threw his notebook out the window. The notebook would've fallen on top of a tree if I didn't do anything." Miku said.

"So Izuku knows?" Her mom asked.

"No, I didn't let him see what happened." Miku said.

"You know, you're going to have to tell them sooner or later. I'm sure Bakugou will be angry about it, though. He used to be such a sweet boy." Mirai said, sighing.

"Don't talk about him like he's some kind of lost cause, mom." Miku mumbled.

"Sorry, honey. But he's honestly changed. He doesn't even remember the memories you two made when you were just kids." Her mom lamented.

Miku felt herself subconsciously poking her dark blue haired doll still sitting on her pillow. She traced a finger over it's stitched smile.

And she imitated it.

"It's okay, mom. I'll train as hard as I can these next few months. So I can come back stronger than ever, master my quirk, and make sure I get into UA High School." She promised, a huge smile etched onto her face.

Her mom smiled too, pulling her into a hug.

"It'll be okay, honey. I'm proud of you. You'll get into UA for sure." She said, squeezing her daughter tightly.

Miku could only hug back as her smile grew bigger.

And after that night, she trained as hard as she could. She persuaded her dad to but her a punching bag, and she hung it up in her room to practice day and night.

During the times in which she wasn't using her punching bag, she was in her backyard, training herself to use her quirk. She'd put a small, lightweight object, for example, a hair clip, and start moving it around in the air. She did her best to keep it hanging still at 10 meters above her head, before letting it drop to the ground. And once she could hold that object up for 10 minutes, she'd move on to a heavier larger object. After 3 weeks of tiring training, she could hold a bowling ball in the air for 20 minutes straight.

She was proud of herself, to say the least. She could control her quirk rather well. She was turning out to be quite skilled, regarding the fact that she hadn't really used her quirk for about 10 years.

Regarding her physical strength, she had already punched multiple holes through her punching bag. Her dad had to use a lot of time to patch up the holes with his quirk, Mold.

He could take items and mold them like clay, but using it too much would make his hands weak, like noodles. This was the next level of noodle arms.

"Kiddo, you should stop hitting this thing so hard. At this rate, I won't be able to pick up my chopsticks in time for dinner." He said.

Miku laughed and crouched down next to her dad, giving him a small hug. Then she grabbed the handles of his wheelchair and pushed him out of her room.

~

Poor miku's dad like— actually I'll explain why later on. He's in a wheelchair and his mobility is already decreased, and with his quirk, it makes it so he's really defenseless which is big big sad. hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!