6 ; entrance exams

Miku was nervous, to say the least. I mean, this was the famous UA High. Sure, there were plenty of other famous schools.

But UA was home to the best of the best. Plus, it's not like she was going to move to the West side of the country just to go to Shiketsu High or something.

She was in what seemed like an auditorium, although there seemed to be millions of people. She was sitting between Katsuki Bakugou and Izuku Midoriya.

Izuku was muttering endlessly again. It was actually creeping some people that were behind them out. But suddenly, the lights dimmed and a UA teacher stepped on stage.

Judging from his yellowish-blonde, obviously gelled hair, she knew who it was.

The pro hero and UA teacher, Present Mic.

His quirk was voice. It was kind of straightforward. His voice was extremely amplified, and he could release huge sonic blasts. It was said that his parents and the doctors bled from the ears the first time they heard him cry.

Of course, those claims were probably fake because he couldn't have already shown signs of a quirk at the age of 0, unless he already had an astounding pair of lungs. Besides, won't most babies' cries make people bleed from the ears? That's what it probably feels like anyway.

Miku watched as Present Mic explained the entrance exam process and scoring. Apparently you had to engage and attack the robots that were stationed around your assigned exam center. She looked at the card she had been given to check her exam center.

"Hey, what exam center were you assigned to, Bakugou-senpai?" She asked, turning right to the ash blonde haired boy.

He shoved his card towards her, and she leaned over to read it. She saw that he was assigned to A. She checked her own and realized she was assigned to B. Then she chuckled at the picture that was on the card. The picture of Bakugou had him with his usual pissed off look. It's just that he looked so funny to her that she burst out laughing.

He growled at her as he retracted his card from her, and glared at her with his fury filled red eyes.

"What do you think you're laughing at, idiot? You're lucky you're not in the same exam center as me or I'd crush you." He snarled, leaning back into his seat.

She chuckled to herself at his raging actions. He grumbled a little before looking back to Present Mic on the stage.

"Hey Izuku-Kun, what exam center are you going to?" She asked the green haired boy on her left.

"I'm going to B. You?" He asked, showing her his card.

"I'm going to B as well! Huh, maybe they didn't split the people from the same school up." Miku said.

"No, I think they were going to split you up by school. I may or may not have clicked the wrong school when I submitted the application form." Izuku said, scratching his neck.

Miku laughed at that.

"Can I please ask a question?"

A voice rang out in the auditorium, and a boy with a large frame, dark hair and rectangular glasses stood up, just a few seats in front of Miku and Izuku.

"There are four robots on this sheet of paper! Is this a mistake?" The boy asked, waving his hands at a a 90 degree angle, a spotlight somehow turning from Present Mic, to shining on him from some unknown corner of the auditorium.

"No, they are not mistakes. They are actually 0 pointers. It'd be best to avoid these 0 point value robots. You can fight them, sure. But there's honestly no point." Present Mic said, clearing up the dilemma.

"Also, can those two behind me stop muttering endlessly and laughing like a crazed psychopath? If you're serious about getting into UA, you should stop doing that. You're disrupting all the others here that are actually serious about getting in with your annoying noises." The boy stated, pointing towards Izuku and Miku.

Their faces flushed red as they were laughed at by a few other people. Miku just smiled at them, still sort of embarrassed. Izuku hid his face behind his hands, but everyone was still looking at him. Bakugou smirked at that.

"So, now that that's over with, who's ready to start the UA entrance exams?" Present Mic yelled, his quirk making his voice echo across the auditorium.

A roar of cheers and claps and "Yeah!"s erupted from the students sitting in the audience. It was the famous national school of everyone's dreams, after all. Getting in wasn't easy. But everyone was going to try their best to get in.

Because no one can get in the way of a person and their dream.

As Izuku and Miku walked towards examination centre B, they saw that the dark haired boy with the glasses who had called them out earlier was there too.

So was the brown haired girl, Ochako Uraraka, who had stopped Midoriya from falling with her quirk earlier that morning.

"So, Miku. We need to kill robots. Um, how do you think we're going to do that?" Izuku asked.

Miku felt her heart clench the slightest bit. She hadn't told Izuku about her quirk yet. And he was still quirkless. Regardless of whatever training he'd been through, he didn't have any special ability. He wouldn't just punch or kick a hunk of metal and expect it to fall apart.

"Izuku-Kun... I have something I need to tell you. You know when I said I was quirkless before?" Miku said, grasping his arm.

He raised an eyebrow at her.

"I... recently manifested a quirk. It's sort of late, but it's miraculous how it suddenly appeared. I guess life has a way of twisting and turning until we get what we need." Miku laughed, smiling at Izuku.

A quick hint of shock flashed across Midoriya's face, but it came as fast as it left.

"The same thing happened to me! I suddenly got a quirk. You don't know how happy my mom was." Izuku said, smiling too.

"Inko has got to be so proud of you, Izuku-Kun!" Miku cheered.

Izuku smiled, slightly embarrassed and awkward, scratching the back of his neck.

"The entrance exam is about to begin!" Present Mic's voice boomed from the speakers high above the exam centre.

The two best friends looked at each other and smiled. They had new powers, new alliances. And this was a new beginning for the two of them. But at the same time, they knew that they were lying. Lying to each other. They didn't want to. They just had their own reasons.

"We're starting in 3!"

And because of the rather obvious excuses they made to each other regarding their quirks, they knew that something was wrong with the other. They knew. Something... strange. And the tensions were high.

"2!"

Deep inside, they both knew. They knew they were lying to each other. They were just covering up for each other's lies with more lies. They were best friends, after all. Best friends cover for each other.

"1!"

It's not like it could be helped.

Secrets are secrets, right?

"GO!"

~

This attacked my heart as I was proofreading it. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter of airhead!