Chapter 12 - Someone tells

Shoji's POV

"Fumi!"

How is he here? He looks beaten. Scratches cover his beak. The point of the beak is chipped and slightly bleeding. His clothes are all ripped and slightly burnt. His eyes look like he's just been crying. I just stand there shocked that he is there.

"H-how are y-" I stutter out until I'm interrupted.

"I'll tell you later. Come with me." He says grabbing my arm and pulling me back into the bathroom.

The bathroom is shaped like a bracket. One hallway ,where you walk in, that leads to a corridor. This corridor has the cubicles to the left wall of the corridor. The right wall has sinks and mirrors lining the wall. Then at the end of the corridor there's a left that leads into a hallway ,that is the same size as the one you enter in, this has urinals on one side and a door on the other. The door is labelled 'staff only'. 

Fumi starts leading us towards it.

"Fumi, we are not allowed through there."

"I don't care. I'm trying to make sure neither you or me gets killed by a pair of ruthless villains, so rules can fuck off." He coldly says. Did he just swear?

He pushes the door and it opens without problem. The door leads to the back of the mall. Outside. Fumi starts running and I have to run as well otherwise I'll fall over.

We run for a solid five minutes until we reach the park.

"Let's. Sit. Here." He says. Extremely out of breath.

We both sit. We are sat in front of a beautiful, tranquil lake. Neatly kept trees surround us. Birds soar through the sky in a perfect formation. A variety of flowers are planted below us. It's truly tranquil.

There's silence for about a minute. But, I decide to break the silence.

"H-how are you here?" I question, looking over to the beaten up boy next to me.

"I ran away from that hellhole." He replies. Emotionless.

"How did you do that Fumi?" He say to him.

"They went out on a mission while they thought I was asleep. I knew that was my only chance of escape. So, I broke down the door they locked ,so I couldn't escape, using Dark Shadow and ran. I saw your group heading to the mall and I followed you. When you entered the mall I decided to hide in the bathroom. Then you went in. I just needed to see and talk to you again." He tells as tears slowly cascade down his face. I hug him. Placing my head on his shoulder.

"Come on, let's go to U.A and get you some new clothes. Everyone will be delighted to see you. But, not as much as me." I whisper to him, softly and calmly.

"No!" He panics.

"What Fumi?" I question.

"We can't go to U.A. That's the first place they'll search. We need to stay somewhere else. Or I need to. You should probably get back to U.A." He sadly says.

"No! I'm staying with you no matter what." I think for a moment and then I get an idea.

"What about my parents?" I say.

"Will they let me in?" Fumi questions.

"Fumi, they know everything and they have said that if I find you and you need a place to stay that you can go there. They will protect you at all costs." I confidently say.

"Ok. Let's go Mezo." He shyly says.

I turn his head to face mine. I take off my mask and kiss the top of his beak.

"I love you Fumikage."

"I love you too Mezo."

We then stand up and start to walk ,hand in hand, to my parents house.