Chapter 17 - Someone begs

Tokoyami's POV

"Please Fumi! I love you! Not her!" Shoji says. Stood in front of me. Crying. But, he's just like everyone else. A liar. I thought for once that someone cared for me. But, I was wrong. No one cares about me.

"I'm leaving. And your not coming with me." I sternly say. Standing up and leaving his room.

"Tokoyami? Are you ok sweetie?" His mom questions me.

"No, your sons a cheater." I respond, showing her the picture. She gasps and looks at Shoji angrily.

"MEZO! How dare you do that to him! He did nothing to you!" She shouts. At this point he is on his knees sobbing. I feel bad. I want to hug him to make him feel better, but. I can't. Not after what he did to me.

I quickly leave the house after that and walk down to the park and sit on a bench. At that moment, Dark Shadow comes out.

"Fumi, I believe him. I think that girl forced him to kiss her. Did you see how sad he was. Also, we shouldn't be out here. What if mom and dad find us. They will kill us. Please let's go b-" He says until I once again interrupt him.

"No, you saw the proof. He was kissing that bitch. Stop trying to cover for him. I-I" I start to sob. "half of me wants him back but the other half says not to. That he will cheat on me again." 

Dark Shadow rubs my back. 

"Fumi, we can't be out here. It's just too dangerous."

I think for a moment. 

"We can't go back. We just can't. I'm scared Kuraim. I'm scared. S-sorry, I used your old name." I choke out. Tears cascading down my face. I felt bad, I know he hates that name. 

"It's ok. I-I" He stutters. As he is a shadow he can't actually cry. But, I can tell he is. 

"Don't cry, we will be fine." I say back to him.

"You might want to rethink that sentence." A voice says behind us. A voice I will never forget. My moms.

I immediately run off the bench and turn around.

"S-stay away! Please!" I shout, terrified of what's about to happen.

"I don't think that's going to happen" She sinisterly says.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" A voice shouts from a distance. I look over to see who it is.

"S-Shoji?!"

Meanwhile

Shoji's POV 

He left me. He actually left me. I'm a failure.

"Why would you cheat on him Mezo! He was so nice! He helped clean the house. He even made me and your father lunch." Mom shouts at me. I deserve it.

"Chikako." My dad says with a worried tone.

"Not right now darling I'm busy." My mom responds, looking at me angrily.

"Chikako!" He shouts.

"What!" She shouts back.

"Tokoyami is in trouble! He's just said Stay away! Please! I think his parents have found him." He says getting more worried. I stand up as soon as he finishes.

"Where is he dad?" I question with a serious tone in my voice.

"At the park. Me and your mother are coming." He says standing up and running out. Mom does the same. I quickly follow. 

As I'm younger I get there first. I see that dad is correct. That woman is standing in front of a scared looking Fumi.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" I shout. The two look at me. I hear Tokoyami say.

"S-Shoji?!" 

I run to him. But not before that bitch hits him across the face. Knocking him straight out.

"FUMI! AGH!" I scream. Running at the woman. All of my arms turned into fists. 

"Kurogiri NOW!" She shouts before quickly disappearing.

I quickly turn my attention to the beautiful boy that seems to be passed out beside me.

I check his pulse.

Beat Beat Beat Beat   

Thank god! He is still alive.

I see blood start to drip down his beak. My eyes well with tear as I see him. 

"I'm so sorry. I didn't protect you. This is all my fault. I'm sorry. I love you."

I place my head on his chest. Crying.

My mom and dad see me.

"Oh god. Is he ok?!" Dad shouts. 

"H-He is fine. That woman knocked him out. This was my fault." I say. Sobbing into his chest. His beating heart giving me some relief.

"No it's not son. Let's get him to a hospital. Ok?"

"Ok dad. I'm sorry Fumi."