Chapter 18 - Someone stays

Tokoyami's POV

Beep Beep Beep Beep

That is what I wake up too. I barely know what happened and why I am here. All I remember is my mom's fist coming towards my face . Then, nothing. As my eyes flutter open I see someone sitting beside me. Pale skin. Bright white hair. Many arms. A mask. Crying. For a moment I forget who this person is that is sat beside me. But how can you forget the love of your life? But as the memory of him enters my brain I quickly shoot up.

"Shoji? W-Why are you here?" I question. My voice croaky and dry. He looks up at me. I can see through his mask a smile. But that quickly turns back into a frown.

"T-To say sorry." He responds. His voice also croaky most likely from crying. 

"For what?" I say. 

"For not protecting you. For letting that bitch kiss me, I should have known that she would do that. I-I am so sorry." He replies breaking down. Sobbing into his hands. His body trembling in sadness. I hate to see him like this, and to know it's because of me makes it even worse.

"I'm the one who should be apologising. Not you. I should have known that you would never do that. I'm sorry Shoji and I will never do it again." I apologise to him. Putting my head down and closing my eyes.

"So are we dating a-again." I hear him mutter.

"When did we stop?" I chuckled. He hugs me and I quickly hug him back.

After a few minutes. We pull away. I smile at him, closing my eyes while doing so. Then I feel him kiss the top of my beak. I immediately feel myself blush. Shoji giggles at me.

"You need anything. Food? Water?" He asks.

"Water please. It hurts a lot to talk." I state. He stands up and leaves the room but not before giving me a smile and pulling his mask up.

I lay back down. Surveying the room while waiting for him

There's a fully white wall with a window to my left, looking out onto some trees and a parking lot. Beside me there is a small bedside table that has nothing on it. Directly in front of me there is a tv that is turned off at the moment.

Before I'm able to look at anything else. Shoji returns with a cup of water.

"You are my angel. And my light in the darkness." I lovingly say to him. 

"You are my prince of darkness." He smiles back. I quickly take the cup and chug down it's contents. It feels amazing to drink. I wonder how long I've been here?

"Shoji, how long have I been here?" I quiz him. 

"Two days and four hours." He responds. Wow. He must've stayed the entire time.

"Damn. How long have you been here?" I ask again.

"Two days and four hours." He replies. I was correct. He is so amazing.

"Just for me? T-thank you. Your amazing." I say to him. Shocked that he stayed here that long.

"I guess I am. But your amazing too. I wouldn't change you for the world Fumi."

"I wouldn't change you either Mezo."