9

There is language and mature content ahead. You have been warned!

•••••

"Jamie?" I looked up from the book I was reading, Charlotte giving me a small smile. "I'm leaving for work now. How are you feeling?"

I shrugged. There wasn't much to say. It's been a week since I found my mother dead, and the police have yet to find my father. A pit of dread had filled my stomach over the days, and part of me wondered if my father was guilty of murder. Did he really have a reason to kill her?

"I'll be fine," I assured her. Charlotte looked torn between wanting to comfort me and having to go to work. Eventually, she sighed and nodded.

"Okay, sweetie. Adam's in the shower right now. He'll be out soon, so make sure the two of you get something to eat."

"Yes, ma'am." I gave her a smile, her worries instantly washing away. She left and listened for the door closing. When it did, I placed my bookmark and sprung up, making my way to the kitchen. I fried up some eggs and ground sausage, adding cheese and sautéed red peppers into the mixture.

The kitchen smelled great as I filled two bowls with the scrambled eggs. Adam walked in, hair damp as he ran his fingers through the strands to style them.

"Good morning," he chirped.

"Good morning," I replied, taking a seat. Adam stopped close to the table, eyes zeroing in on the bowl of food.

"You cooked?" He sounded amazed, and I couldn't hold back from rolling my eyes.

"I'm not stupid, Adam. I know how to throw eggs into a pan."

Adam chuckled, sitting in the chair beside me. He picked up the fork and dug in, not even taking time to breathe as he scarfed it down. When he was done, he leaned back and patted his stomach.

"My god, that was good!"

I laughed, finishing my food. I stood up and took the dishes to the sink, getting to work on washing them. It wasn't long until Adam came in, leaning against the counter as he watched me. He looked like he had something to ask.

"What is it?"

Adam shrugged. "I was just thinking."

Too vague.

"About what?" I pressed.

"Well...what are we?"

I froze. "What...?"

Adam took a deep breath, turning to face me.

"I like you," he stated. "I like you a lot."

I wanted to scream and cheer inside, but I had to keep my composure. Wasn't it wrong?

"Adam..."

"I like you, Jamie. I've never felt this way before. Can't you give me a chance?"

"Adam-"

"Please? Give me a chance, Jamie."

I want to say yes, but...but...

I sighed, my heart couldn't take this. My mother, she would have been devastated if I ever dated a guy. She was always trying to hook me up with girls from church, Claire being the first that found out I was gay and surprisingly, was okay with it. She would be heartbroken. Wouldn't she?

"Give me some time to think about it," I answered, even though my heart was screaming at me to say yes. God, I wanted to so bad...

Adam nodded, his disappointed look making this all the more painful.

"Can I kiss you, then? Just once, to see if you feel okay with us?" he asked, and I couldn't say no even if I tried. I wanted this just as much as he did.

I nodded, closing my eyes as I braced for the connection.

This is it. My first kiss!

Adam's POV

My first kiss..., I thought as he stood there, eyes closed and lips waiting. I had watched so many tutorial videos in preparation for this moment. I wanted it to be perfect, and I wanted Jamie to enjoy it just as much as I was going to.

I took a deep breath, mentally cheering myself on as I took a couple steps closer, breaking the distance until we were sharing air. Our noses grazed each other, his dark lashes fluttering as he resisted the urge to open them.

He was so cute, and he was mine.

My mate.

I lifted my hand, cupping his cheek. Jamie was startled by the sudden touch, but he remained patiently waiting. I watched as his tongue darted out to moisten his lips, his nervousness clear as day.

My mate.

I leaned forward, taking in his scent. He smelled like vanilla, sweet and seductive. My lips brushed over his, sparks igniting wherever we touched. The temptation was too much and I found myself pressing forward, taking his mouth with a passion I only had for him.

Jamie was struggling to keep up with my movements, his tongue making sloppy efforts to dance with mine. Like I said, it was cute.

"Ahh...Adahh... Mmm... Ngh!"

Jamie's hands pressed against my chest, gripping my shirt. His arousal was strong, filling the air with a scent that had me fighting the urge to bite him and claim his soul and body.

God, it was so hard...

"We...mmm...ha-have to-mmm!"

I groaned, Jamie wrapping his legs around my waist. Our clothed members grinded against each other, a long moan escaping him as I squeezed his bottom.

I was barely holding back, my restraint thinning. My vision became a blur and next thing I knew, we were lying on the couch, Jamie under me as his hands slipped under my shirt and his fingers grazed my nipples.

I broke the kiss, trailing my lips down his neck as he panted. His back arched up to meet my lips as I kissed his collarbone, the need to mark him blinding. I had to stop, or else Jamie would be forced into a world he wasn't ready for.

"We can't," I said, pulling away. Jamie's eyes were heavy, lips parted and beautifully swollen. He, too, was barely restraining himself.

"Y-you're right." Jamie sat up, shaking his head as if to clear his mind. "I need to go...take a shower!"

Jamie shot up, hiding his blushing face as he rushed into the hallway. The bathroom door slammed shut and the shower was turned on.

I might have gone a bit too far, I thought, reaching for the remote to turn on the television.

Jamie's POV

What the FUCK?!