10

I will be publishing a chapter on Wednesdays and Saturdays. If there is a reason I cannot meet the deadline, I'll get you guys know. Enjoy! =)

•••••

I poked my head out of the bathroom, hair damp. Noises from the television could be heard so I took my chance and snuck into Adam's room, which was now technically my room since he lived on the couch now that I was here.

I spent my time reading and texting Katy, who was filling me in on all the latest gossip. Not that I was actually interested, but it was a good way to pass time.

Time flew fast and before I knew it, the front door was opened and Charlotte's voice could be heard. I slipped to the floor, silently crawling to the door and pressing my ear against the wood.

"Where's Jamie?" Charlotte asked.

"He's been in his room since earlier," Adam answered.

"You did it, then? You actually told him how you feel?"

"I did."

"So? What did he say?"

"He said he needed time to think."

"That's understandable. He's just eighteen, after all. Have you seen him since?"

There was a moment of pause.

"I...kinda went a bit too far."

Charlotte sighed, rather loudly since I could hear it. "What did you do?" she asked, voice soft.

"I kissed him, and things became a bit...heated."

A gasp could be heard.

"You didn't?!"

"No, no, not that! I would never do that to him, Charlotte. Not unless he consented."

"Then...why has he been hiding?"

"I think I spooked him."

"Perhaps he's embarrassed?"

"Perhaps. He could also be thinking this through. I mean, there is a big gap between our ages."

"Still. The bond affects humans, which is why he couldn't stay away from you after first meeting you. Give him some time and he'll be back."

"I hope you're right. It's been so uncomfortable sitting here without him."

"I'm sure he's itching to be with you, too."

I pulled away, returning to my spot on the bed. What did she mean, 'the bond affects humans'? We're all humans here!

I laid on my back, glaring at the ceiling for no particular reason. My thoughts were going wild, recounting the kiss Adam and I had shared. The sparks that erupted over our skin, and the blistering heat that filled me like an inside furnace. Not to mention the smell that was so intoxicating, I wondered if Adam had drugged me somehow.

And don't get me started on how Adam practically ravished me! It was supposed to be one tiny innocent kiss, not the beginning to hot, unbridled and taboo sex!

Ugh!

I sat up, glaring at the door as a shiver of arousal shot through me. It wasn't a good time to be having a boner, especially now since Charlotte was home. And Adam? Well, we were going to have a long conversation about what happened.

I sighed. What were we?

A knock sounded and I tensed. "Yes?"

"Dinner is ready," Adam said from the other side of the door.

I got up and made my way across the room. It was pointless to try and avoid him; and honestly, I kinda wanted to see him.

I opened the door, meeting his blue gaze. He smiled, giving me a small wave.

"Hey, how does tomato soup and grilled cheese sound?" he asked.

My stomach rumbled in response. I had missed lunch, after all.

Adam laughed. "I guess it's time to feed the beast, huh? Well, come on. No need to keep the food waiting."

I followed him down the hall, saying hello to Charlotte when we sat down at the dining table. Dinner was quieter than usual, Charlotte piping in a word or two and then falling back into silence. Her behavior was strange and completely out of character; she was usually eager to start up a conversation and keep it going throughout the entire meal.

After we ate our fill, Adam and I helped her wash dishes. Once we had finished, Charlotte excused herself and went to bed, leaving us alone to ourselves.

"You haven't said anything to me since earlier. Are you mad?"

I looked up from the magazine I was reading, Adam sitting beside me on the couch.

"No," I answered honestly. A little turned on, but not mad.

Adam nodded. "That's good." He cleared his throat, facing the blank TV.

"Are you?" I found myself asking.

Adam turned, frowning slightly. "I'm not mad. Why?"

I shrugged, turning my gaze back to the magazine I was pretending to be interested in. Gossip wasn't really my cup of tea, especially when it included billionaire celebrities that shall not be named.

"I suppose I don't want you to be upset," I said out of impulse, not realizing my mistake until it was too late and Adam grinned like a goof, brow raised.

"Oh, really?" he teased.

I huffed, flipping the page. "Shut up."

"Does that mean...you like me?"

"Shut up."

"Does that mean...you liked our kiss?"

"Shut up." Stop making me blush, you bastard!

"So...can I kiss you again?"

Obviously!

I tossed the magazine aside and flew forward before Adam had the time to react, straddling his waist. His eyes widened and he opened his mouth to say something, but I shut him up by pressing my mouth to his and thrusting my tongue deep into his sweet cavern.

This man is going to be the death of me.

"Ah...mngh! Ja-mmm... Wai-wait!" Adam pulled away, eyes wide and confused but I could only focus on his swollen lips and the wet tongue that darted out to lick them.

I had been replaying our intimate encounter over and over in my head since it happened, and to say I was aroused was an understatement. I felt a clawing need to press up against his body and relish in his warmth.

"Isn't this too fast? I mean, we've only kissed once and-"

I leaned forward, gliding my tongue into his mouth and moving it in a "come hither" motion, brushing against the roof of his mouth as I did it. I watched with satisfaction as Adam shivered, leaning into the touch until his lips brushed against mine. His eyes closed, head tilting slightly to the side.

I smirked. It was as if I had him under a spell.

"I'm going to make you feel so good," I whispered, nuzzling my nose against his before taking his mouth and dominating it.

•••••

Things are getting smutty!