seven

JANIE'S POV

"Janie. Janie. Janie, c'mon, wake up." I feel my foot being shaken, followed by my arm and someone poking my face. 

"Jaaaaniieeeee," another voice calls out, "C'mon, I wanna go to the beach." Someone pulls the warm covers off of me, making me open my eyes with a gasp. I groan and cover my eyes, the sunshine making me aware of my hangover headache. 

"Well, good morning sunshine! Thanks for joining us!" Emma exclaims from across the room, pulling on a pair of cutoff shorts. "We plugged your phone in there. I think Charlie texted you," she adds and points to the bedside table. I pick up my phone and see numerous texts and nineteen missed calls from my boyfriend. My phone must have died the night before. Or maybe I was just too distracted. I groan again before opening my phone. 

     8:21 – Look babe, I'm sorry. That wasn't cool of me. Call me

     8:45 – Hello? Call me

     8:54 – Why aren't you picking up?

     9:02 – Why are you ignoring me

     9:11 – Seriously Janie? 

     9:21 – Very mature Janie. 

     9:25 – This is ridiculous. 

     9:27 – You know, you ALWAYS choose your friends over me

     9:31 – What are you doing? Call me right now

     10:01 – I bet you're drunk right now. 

     10:02 – This is exactly the problem Janie. Time to grow up

     10:11 – You need to call me right now or I swear to God

And on and on. I sigh, shaking my head. Why does he talk to me like this? Why doesn't he trust me?

"Is it bad?" Emma asks from the other side of the room. I shake my head, dismissing the conversation. They already don't love Charlie, I don't need to give them any more reasons. 

"Had a good dream about Harry?" Bella teases as she puts on her makeup. 

"What?" I ask, disoriented. 

"You know, your new boyfriend," she says again with a laugh. 

"What are you talking about?" I say, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. 

"Do you seriously not remember?" Zoey asks. 

"Remember what? What happened?" The girls all turn to look at me with confusion. 

"Uhhh, maybe the fact that you spent the night hanging out with Harry Styles and that he almost kissed you?" 

And suddenly, it all comes flooding back to me. 

"Oh, god," I throw my hand over my mouth in shock. "Ohhhh no no no no." I hurry out of bed and grab the first pair of shorts I see to put on. "We have to get out of here." I stumble around the room to gather my things into my small tote bag. 

"Why?"

"Because I almost kissed Harry Styles last night and I have a very serious boyfriend!" I exclaim, throwing on an old tee shirt and pulling my hair into a bun. The three of them are watching me, holding back laughter. "What are y'all doing? Let's go!"