eleven

JANIE'S POV

I wake up with a gasp and feel two arms tighten around me. I'm immediately overwhelmed with warmth, but the good kind of warmth, like sunshine and freshly baked cookies.

This was nice; Charlie hasn't held me like this in a while. He always says that cuddling makes him sweaty and sleep poorly, so we usually stick to our own side of the bed when we have sleepovers. I loved cuddling, though, and always wanted to crawl across the bed and into his arms. I could hear his heartbeat, thumping steadily and he breathed deep and even breaths.

I haven't been this content in a long time. I sighed happily and nuzzled my face deeper into his chest as I felt his thumb rub slowly along my arm. I wonder what has come over him, why he is suddenly showing me so much affection. I move my head up slowly before opening my eyes.

That is not Charlie.

I remember my request the night before, how we squeezed onto the tiny couch together. We must have adjusted while we slept.

One of Harry's leg was hanging off of the couch while the other one was sandwiched by my own legs. His head was resting on the armrest and his neck looked to be positioned awkwardly. His arms were wrapped around me protectively. He could not look more uncomfortable and yet so content simultaneously. His pink lips puffed with every breath he had and his hair was covering his eyes. He looked like a puppy and I feel my heart flutter yet again.

What is going on with me?

If you had told me 24 hours ago that I would be waking up in the arms of Harry Styles, I would have laughed in your face. More than that, if you told me that Harry Styles would go on a wild goose chase to track me down, I would say you need to be heavily medicated.

Things like this don't happen to girls like me. Things like this don't happen to anybody.

Last night seems like a dream. After he surprised me at the club, we took the long way to a studio, enjoying the beautiful weather and each others' company. I told him about my doubts about Charlie, which was weird. I really haven't told anyone the way I feel, my hesitation in ending such a long relationship.

I don't really open up to anyone like that, especially strangers who I have known for two days. But there was something about him that made me want to tell him all my deepest darkest secrets. Maybe it's because I can tell he's actually listening to me when I speak; he maintains eye contact the entire time. I'm surprised I can even concentrate when he talks because when he's staring at you with those green eyes it's easy to lose your train of thought.

Just as I am picturing them, Harry's eyes shoot open. I gasp and blink a few times before looking around the room. I feel my cheeks turning pink -- I can't believe he just caught me staring at him.

"We're you watching me sleep?" He asks and I can hear humor laced in his voice. I shake my head furiously and roll my lips into my mouth.

"Nope! Just seeing if you were awake," I say and move to sit up but his arms are still locked around me. He notices my struggle and releases his grip on me.

"Sorry, love. It was cold last night." He shoots me a cheeky grin and I internally thank him for defusing the awkwardness. I sit up and stretch my arms up, yawning loudly. Despite the warm awakening, sleeping on top of another person on a tiny couch wasn't exactly the best night of sleep I've ever had.

"Sleep okay?" He asks as if he could hear my thoughts.

"Oh, just perfectly. Like a baby," I respond, laughing lightly.