twenty-two

MAUREEN'S POV

"Jesus, how much longer," Scott groans as he sipped his third cup of coffee.

"Not much longer," I replied, still peering through my camera lens.

"Maureen, there is nobody there," he groans again, staring up at the ceiling of the van.

"Jill said she saw an Uber pull in front of his house last night and it looked like a girl that got out," I argue.

"Okay? It's ten o'clock. She's probably long gone by now."

"Just give it a few more minutes. I have a good feeling about this," I retort before focusing back on the scene in front of me. My camera was focused on his front door as I waited for something, anything, to happen.

A couple of minutes of silence pass as I eagerly wait for any activity. A few cars pass us, entering the gates. I see a car park a few doors away from our target, thinking nothing of it.

I'm just about to give up, agree with Scott and call it a day when suddenly, the door swings open. A small gasp leaves my lips, making Scott lookup. Shock covers his face for a moment before he gears into action, positioning his camera towards the house as well.

"It's a girl," Scott mutters before taking the first shot.

The blonde girl looked flustered as her eyes scanned the road ahead of her. She hurries down the sidewalk, pushing flyaway hairs behind her ears as she attempts to adjust her clothing.

"Is that--" I start and Scott hums.

"Yes."

"Thank you, Jill," Scott mumbles and I grin, taking pictures as fast as the camera will allow. As the car drives off, we sit back, satisfaction in the air.

"Now what?"

"Now we just have to find out more about the girl sleeping with Harry Styles."

A/N: Y'all are not READY for the next few chapters. It's about to get goooood.