It'll Be okay

Trigger for abuse

THIRD POV:

Frank wiped the counter down as per usual, hygiene reasons really everyone managed to spill their drink at some point so it got sticky and no one likes a sticky counter. I mean the worst thing is coming in to have a good time and end up putting your arm down in someone else's drink because the bar keep didn't do their job. Frank looked around seeing that it was starting to get a bit busy but he didn't mind, good for the business. His boss would always try and have functions on. 

Tonight some band was playing, Frank didn't know who, Fall out Disco or was it Panic at the boy. He shrugged and made sure it was tidy, he sensed that a group of people would come up and start ordering drinks to have a good time. He heard the bell chime, that was nice and all the bell to indicate someone came in but it did get annoying. 

Frank looked up to see a man walk over to the bar in a trench coat. Wasn't a yucky brown one but a nice looking soft one, the collar stuck up his hair a bit messy covering his face. He sat down and looked for his wallet. Franks eyes didn't leave him, he watched his moves carefully. "Your best please" 

"Nothing you fancy?" Frank wondered and grabbed what he thought was the best, yeah it was pretty pricey but better for them. "New bar, want to sus it out" The man mumbled and handed Frank his card. There was no name or number "Swipe it, or pay wave it, it works either way. I hide details for privacy" Frank nodded and checked it out first to see it was legit. "Now I have a tab" 

"It's just a Stella if that's alright? We have others too-" The man waved Franks sentence off "I drink anything." He grabbed the bottle like his life depended on it, his fingers wrapping around the neck gingerly. Frank new he had other beers that he could offer so he grabbed some Coronas and Bud. He watched the way the man drank, the first one went down quickly before he was asking for another. 

Frank knew the behaviour well. He's seen it before, he's watched good men ruin their lives quickly because of it. "You from around here?" He was always good at chatten up the customers, more money, even bigger tips. "Nah I'm from New York"

He nodded and cleaned some glasses "I work and live in New York" The man pondered for a bit drinking the drink that was placed in front of him "Let's just say I'm on holiday and driving makes me happy" Frank nodded "So a New York guy in Jersey. Interesting. What do you do for a job?"

"I well..I am a journalist only part time though, just a new hobby I picked up when travelling. I also make music so a mix, some times I draw comics and get them published. So I get around." Frank looked at this man shocked. He was amazed at how many things he did. "My partner doesn't like it that much but that's fine right." He asked for another downing it quickly. "What's ya name?" Frank dared to ask "Might want to find those comics and songs of yours Mr.."

"Gerard. Gerard Way." Frank smiled to himself "I've heard some of your songs before, pretty catchy" Gerard nodded a thanks and drank happily. "So on Holiday huh? Not very far from your home?" Gerard chuckled softly and asked for another drink. He was already tipsy when he arrived, the rest of the drinks were slowly taking more effect. "My family live close by so I can like go visit them..I'm not really on holiday. Just the fiancé is annoying that's all" Frank nodded and headed off to serve someone else.

When he made it back to Gerard, the beers that he ordered were all gone. "How-How about some shots hm?" Gerard lent on the counter looking at Frank through half lidded eyes. He was very gone at this point. "Sure why not, how many?" Gerard held up two hands, one three fingers the other with two and a half. "Four please my good sir" Frank nodded and poured him some shots. Gerard didn't waste anytime, he downed them quickly feeling the liquor burn his throat. "Jesus fuck that's strong" He hiccupped. "The best"