Lost Cause Pt3

Hello there so I decided to write another chapter for Lost Cause, but this time it will be set after his OD and before the wedding. So here you go

did i write this in one night yes, yes i did 

~~

The clock ticked painfully slow, Frank just wished that it would shut up. It was doing his head in, he's been sitting in the Emergency waiting room. His stomach rumbled but he ignored it as best he could, his main focus praying that Gerard would be okay. 

"Gerard Way?" A nurse called out alerting Frank who halted his pacing. He looked at the nurse with hope in his eyes "You can see him now, this way" She led Frank down the hall to the room, Frank made sure he didn't lag behind he didn't want to get lost and not see Gerard. "Ah you must be Frank Iero?"

Frank nodded softly, he looked at his best friend lying in the hospital bed, his skin pale, he looked so sick and Frank hated it. "Good news he will be okay, since you got him to throw up it made it a lot better." Frank smiled still paying attention to Gerard, he held his hand gently not wanting to hurt him. 

"We have also found a medication that will help his muscles spasms and the shakiness." Frank turned to look at the doctor interested to hear what it would be. "It will help relieve the pain too, as best as it can really. So We were wondering if you would like to put him on that slowly?"

Frank sat there holding Gerard's hand thinking about it. It would help Gerard and help him stay clean right? If he isn't in pain then he won't feel the need to turn to alcohol or drugs? "So you'll just start him off on a small dose first to see how it goes and if works you'll up it a bit?" 

"Yes that's our plan, we will need records to be kept of how he is feeling so we can keep a track, I have had a couple patients say that it is amazing and really helps. I believe that he could be running and walking with no cane in 3 months." Frank stared at the doctor with wide eyes. He nodded his head quickly not caring if Gerard said no. 

This would be amazing for Gerard and he would be able to draw and do everything he wanted to do. "Perfect, I'll go set that up. I shall leave you be. He should wake up soon" Frank nodded thanking the doctor before turning his focus back to Gerard. "You'll get better I promise" 

Frank was able to finally relax now that he could see Gerard. He didn't realize how tired he was as all the adrenaline wore off, his eyes slipping closed as he slumped a bit in the chair still holding Gerard's hand not wanting to let go. Frank slept peacefully in the chair, none of the nurses disturbing him when they did hourly checks on Gerard. 

Gerard lay there, his eyes finally opening slowly adjusting to the light. "Frankie?" He mumbled looking around the room seeing white walls, white sheets. He spotted a body in the chair next to him, a hand wrapped around his. The machine beeped away informing Gerard that he was in fact still alive. Not that he didn't mind he was just confused. "Frank?" He sat up a bit his body aching. 

The figure next to him moved quickly "Gerard!" Frank jumped attacking him in a hug ignoring his complaints. "I thought I lost you, please don't ever do that to me again. I love you so much" Frank stared down at Gerard with a wide smile, he admired this man and to loose him would break him. 

Just the thought of having to bury his best friend made him cry. He pecked Gerard's lips softly not wanting to startle him. Gerard hummed softly the fact that he could do that was amazing to him, made life will be okay. "Since now that you're alive and here with me. Will you be my boyfriend?" 

Gerard squeezed Franks hand gently with a wide grin on his face "Of course, I'd love to Frankie. Thought you'd never ask" Frank chuckled quietly to himself, Gerard did have a point Frank had heaps of chances when they were younger.