PROLOGUE

The sunlight of August was streaming through the window pane. The weather outside was warm; a metaphor to how my heart felt since my dumb pair of eyes landed to something so beautiful, or atleast as what my orbs labeled.

Walking the remaining distance to my designated seat, I dragged my eyes to every corner of the place. High grade & quality— from the ravishing aisle up to every single person in there. The typical lounge for business class passengers. Typical, but splendid nonetheless.

As soon as I reached my seat, I carefully made myself comfortable on it to not disturb the man whose full attention was on his phone, clenching his left fist, whilst watching some drama. Oh well, not just any other drama I would say.

"There's no need to clench your fist, Kael. We didn't actually kiss, I promise," I said in a low voice barely audible to the man with headphones on. Yet, he hesitantly turned his head to my direction as if reassuring in his mind first that I was actually talking to him.

Oh, he was on his baby mode I guess. He was cute, and he's also stupid when he's on that mode. But damn, he was angry. His big doe eyes that met mine was divulging everything. A man of utter transparence was the man beside me. Well, he had always been transparent in my eyes as this pair was the only one who could truly read him. Except at that moment, he seemed to be really transparent to everyone shallow.

Inflame was what dominated those pitch black gaze. But that's for anyone to see. Shallow or dupe, I was neither. His eyes can't play tricks on me bcos that eyes once became my home and I got every corner and part of it memorized like the back of my hands. That's my Mikael's pair of eyes and I knew better...

...which I hope I didn't.