Chapter 1: Parallel Lines

The cold Philippine night breeze welcomed me when I stepped out. It's already the start of cold season thus the arctic temperature was on extra level. Still not on the level like America when winter comes tho. It's only a momentary chill before I entered the airport building.

Walking straight and gazing front, my mind flew to the man behind me who was surely boring holes at the back of my head with his stares. Mula kanina na magkatabi kami sa eroplano, hindi nagbago ang ekspresyon ng kanyang mukha. Kung meron man, iyon ay ang pagkawala ng kislap na namuo sa kanyang mga mata noong unang tingin ko dito. It was a flexible sparkle that could be of longingness and relief, but could also be of pain. The same sparkle na ipinagdadamot niya para makita ng lahat.

Too bad, his eyes can hide it to everyone but they wanted me to see. It lasted for only a millisecond until replaced by his blank yet indignant visage.

I thought about our conversation earlier... when I heard his voice for the first time... in 5 years.

"You..." he muttered, a little dazed at the thought that he was seeing me again. "I can't believe this."

"There was no news about me being dead so of course you can believe this, Mikael."

I mentally scoffed at how I played stupid in front of him once again.

"Oh, I guess you can't believe that you met me again in a situation where I caught you watching my drama and your fist on a tight roll," I stated in my most normal tone while slightly nodding my head, as if insensitive to the fact that the situation was awkward on his part.

My blank face competing with his as I mentally smiled.

"It's not what you think it is. Don't inflate your ego," he replied after some time then averted his gaze to the window.

"It is, if this is not Mikael Aragon I'm talking to. But of course this is you, so I'm not thinking anything at all, don't worry."

The rest of the flight was just us sharing each other's silence.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when a hand wrapped around my wrist. Hindi ko na kinailangang lumingon pa para matukoy kung sino iyon. My body clearly knew his touches. But I did anyway, and there I saw his furious face again.

I just went with his dragging. Subalit hindi ko maiwasang mapangiwi dahil sa higpit ng pagkakahawak niya sa aking kamay. Patakbo na rin ako kung maglakad dahil sa bilis nito. Thanks to his freaking sexy long legs. Matangkad din naman akong babae pero mas matangkad pa rin siya sakin kaya hindi sapat iyon para siya ay aking sabayan.

Huminto lamang kami nang marating ang elevator, an exclusive one for first class use. May mga tao sa loob, probably yung mga kasabay din namin sa flight kanina. Bago tuluyang pumasok ay tumunganga muna kami sakanila nang ilang sigundo. He was looking at them with his usual blank expression that screamed authority. I don't know how he did it but all the people inside the carriage immediately rambled out. How could they be so obedient to a college boy's eyes?

The man holding my wrist didn't let go, instead he dragged me in pushing the floor button before the elevator doors met.

As soon as the doors closed, he pushed me into the side a bit harshly. And we're alone, inside this freaking quadrate with his figure too close to mine as I was cornered by his hands on either side.

His breath, smelled of mint, reached my skin and the very familiar vanilla scent weakened my knees. Napakabango niya sa totoo lang, yung bangong nakakarupok. And the fact that I really missed him didn't help. A perfect scenario to make my heart pound like no tomorrow and trigger the heat to travel up my cheeks tinged with red.