Chapter 11: Did You Do It?

Two weeks passed and everything in Sullivan seemed to have gotten back to normal. It's like everybody collectively forgot about the crime.

Makikita ito kung paano kami lunurin ng mga midterm requirements sa iba't ibang subjects. Partly, it's a tactic to divert the students' attention and partly because of the approaching University Week. Professors tend to rush deadlines before every event para wala na kaming iisipin during it.

It's considerate of them until academic works overlap with the organization matters of students that always results to one hell of a sleepless and exhausting month. I could see how students wear to a frazzle balancing both.

“Last series of photos, Thalia darling,” the camera director told me.

As for my case, I was balancing academics and commercial shoots. I started to accept mini projects such as TV and magazine advertisements once again. Mas naeenjoy ko ito ngayon. My plans for acting was still indefinite tho.

I went back to the platform after my make-up artist did some retouch on my make-up. It only took 2 minutes of poses after poses before the camera director declared “Good take!”

I walked up to them who were behind the lightings and cameras to see the shots.

“These are perfect, Thalia!” malaki ang ngiti nitong nakatingin sa screen. “I like this one for the cover. It looks so revolutionary. What do you think?” she pointed at a particular photo while saying so.

Well, it's the best one.

“Yeah, I like that one the most,” I affirmed when she turned to me.

“Right? I can already imagine the most spectacular magazine cover in the history of Zenoir,” excitement emanated from his eyes and clasped hands. “Great work, darling. That was smooth at walang patapon sa mga shots mo.”

I returned the huge smile which was ceaseless on her visage before proceeding to my manager.

Bilib rin ako rito, she followed me all the way here when I called. She's my manager right from the start. Hindi niya ako sinukuan and I never thought of changing manager na rin.

“Good work,” salubong niya sakin.

I only gave her a small beam and entered the dressing room to change clothes. When I went back outside, nadatnan ko ang Editor in Chief ng magazine company na kaibigan ni Luke.

“Ah... hi,” bati nito. “Good work, Thalia. I just want to personally thank you na pinaunlakan mo ang offer ng company to become the mag's model for this month's issue.”

It's another smile that I needed to give.

“No worries. I should be the one thanking you for choosing me,” I answered humbly. Mahina itong tumawa bago umiling.

“No. I think we're all still in disbelief that we will be having an international award-winning star on our magazine. I thought you only accept offers from Vogue. Of course this couldn't happen if not because of Luke. Kindly extend my gratitude to him also.”

“Sure.” simpleng tugon ko just before my manager called for me.

“Uh, you must be very busy. I would understand if you excuse yourself now.”

“Thank you.”

I thanked all of the staff for their hardwork prior to me following my manager outside the set.

“You don't have any remaining sched for today so you can have your rest. Make sure you would because there is a very busy schedule ahead of you. Also, don't forget about the billboard photoshoot for Madison & Co. tomorrow,” my manager stated as we walked through the wide hallway.