Reyna Hustisya

A Paradox #RHRO

Lisbon, Portugal

“Justice, Jesus Christ!” sigaw ni K nang matanaw ang nagbabagang makina ng sasakyan na minamaneho ko.

I teetered my way out of the gunshots' target spots allowing the clattering noises of loose crews and back parts of the auto detaching themselves.

Fuck it. Of all the cars I can carjack in downtown Lisbon I picked a broken vintage topdown Porsche, huh. Tunog ng steel ang sunod kong narinig ng matanggal ang car door sa shotgun seat kung nasaan si K.

After all those teetering para maiwasan ang balang pinapaulan samin, that car was hanging so well.

“Oh my god! Shit! Tell me we have nothing to worry!” she shouted again seeing the fire in front started to grow, halos lamunin na ang windshield.

It's not like the bitch was worried plastering that wide ass smile.

The goddamn goons stopped firing the bullets.

“Not even our skins that are about to go up in smoke,” I answered her, not taking my eyes off my target.

“Dammit,” reklamo niya before the fire shattered the windshield, making us dodge the glass pieces.

The road was cleared. No other vehicles on sight aside from the red Agera in front of us. It's a narrow road we were taking. On the left was some kind of a stone mountain at ang dagat na nasa kanan ay nagpapahiwatig ng presensya sa dilim gamit ang tunog ng hampas ng mga alon nito.

Since we're at a fucking highway now, the blow of the wind became stronger giving more life and energy to the burning flame. At dahil sinasalubong namin ang hangin ay sumasayaw ang apoy papunta sa aming direksyon.

The last thing I wanted was to become a roasted chicken skin.

“Shit. Next time choose a fucking brand new,” she suggested.

It's time to do the trick. If there's one thing I learned about my addiction for cars, it's that classic cars have magic installed on it. The magic of Paul Walker's signature engine move in one of the series he starred. The old man's Turbo.

“Broken cars are the most exciting one to drive,” said my action star self at biglaang niliko ang manibela para mag U-turn.

We almost fell on cold waters. I stopped and eyed the fancy car on the side mirror leaving us behind at a great distance.

Binalingan ko si K nang nakataas ang kilay. “Hey, do you know what's my favorite series?”

Nag-isip pa ito sandali at tiningnan ako suot ang isang excited na ngiti.

“Fast and Furious,” sabay naming bigkas, the corner of my lips rose.

Pulling the turbo under the steering wheel, humarurot paurong ang Porsche. Fast, like the speed of a sky rocket. Sa side mirror lang nakatuon ang tingin ko at ang hampas ng hangin sa likod namin ay medyo masakit na, especially when I was wearing a backless leather shirt, dahil sa bilis ng takbo ng sasakyan.

“Too much boost for this engine! This is a bomb!” shouted K with amusement in her lips and eyes.

Ilang sigundo ay natanaw kong muli ang race car na hinahabol namin. Mas bumilis ang takbo nito nang makita kaming humahabol ulit.

Tumayo ako mula sa driver's seat at lumipat sa likod. K took the driving. Facing backwards, sinalubong ko ulit ang hangin. It's refreshing. I was feeling great na animo'y nagroroadtrip lang kami.

Aking pinulot ang machine gun na itinapon ko kanina sa ilalim ng backseat. I stood up, light auburn hair being harshly brushed by the wind.

Once I hit the gas container at the bottom of that car, it's game over. But it's kinda unfair without a proper talk and my blessing.