Chapter 3

1 day ago...

"You'll only be getting the company if you get married, my son."

Phantom sighed upon hearing his Mother's words.

His name is Phantom Nightray, the only son of the Elein and Kristof Nightray. He is currently the richest bachelor in the Philippines. He owns a restaurant with three Michelin stars and is a renowned chef in the field. But here he is, still being treated like a child by his Mother.

He wanted to have their family company under his name but his Mother won't give it to him despite of his achievements in life unless he gets married. That's just plain stupid.

He can get all the women that he wants—but he doesn't want to get married. Not now, not ever. But he's being forced due to his parent's demands.

Yes, mayaman na siya and he's already one of the most renowned chefs in the whole world but he still wants more.

"I won't get married." He said with finality in his voice.

"No marriage, no company. Stick with what you have right now." His Mother said while sipping her Dom Pérignon Rose Gold champagne." He sighed. He looked at his Father but his Father just shrugged his shoulder and continued on eating.

---

Phantom decided to go to a bar together with his friend, Crowley. Crowley is also a chef and also owns a restaurant like him, but unlike him, Crowley isn't forced by his parents to get married.

He sighed and drank his beer. He already told his friend about his problem at nakinig naman ito. Crowley is a great listener and would try to understand the speaker's problem kaya ito ang kanyang piniling kausapin.

"If you don't want to get married, how about you go for a marriage contract?" Crowley said while looking at him. Nakakunot ang noong napatingin siya sa kanyang kaibigan. Phantom was hoping that Crowley was just joking but Crowley's expression didn't change. He's looking at him seriously.

"Wait... are you being serious right now?" He said and tried to clean his ears. Baka namali lang siya ng pagdinig dahil malakas ang patunog sa bar.

Crowley clicked his tongue and faced him.

"It'll be convenient for you. Register your marriage in a country where divorce is legal and then after you get the company from your parents, divorce her. It's that easy. Don't hold any ceremonies and don't announce it."

'Boy, Crowley is scary sometimes.' He said to himself.

"Alright, tell me where I can get a woman who'll agree to that."

"Just give them money, trust me, there are a lot of women out there, who will agree to do that for money." He gave Crowley a disappointed look. Crowley just smirked and shrugged.

"But I don't want that."

"No company for you then."

---

Before they left the bar, Crowley tapped his shoulder and showed her a picture of a woman.

Nangunot ang kanyang noo at nagtatakang napatingin kay Crowley.

"She's Caroline, she loves to party at the Skyline Bar. She's a prankster and is notorious for playing pranks on the guys in that bar such as stealing their stuffs and then returning it after a day or two. She usually steals cars when she sees that it's expensive so beware." Crowley said to him.

"What about her?"

"She's your target for that marriage contract thingy."

"Wait what? You just said that she's known for being a prankster, I ain't messing with that kind of woman."

"I'm just helping ya. It might work, you know?" Crowley said before leaving.

Phantom sighed and he clicked his tongue.

"I am not doing it."

---

"I can't believe that I'm actually doing this." He whispered to himself while looking at the paper in front of him. It's the marriage contract that Crowley told him to print.

Napatampal siya sa kanyang noo. He can't believe that he's doing this marriage contract thingy, he isn't the type to do so but it seems that he has no choice anymore. Crowley wouldn't recommend doing it unless it won't work so wala siyang choice. It might work, somehow.

He's now sitting inside his Lamborghini Veneno Roadster while waiting for his target to arrive outside the bar.

At exactly eleven pm, his target arrived. He cringed upon seeing the woman. She's wearing an outfit that is too exposed—halos nakaluwa na ang boobs ng babae.

"Dang it."

Phantom let out a breath before exiting his car. He folded the paper and put it inside his pants' pocket.

---

The logical side and emotional side of his brain are fighting. Should he really do this? Is this shit really going to work?

He sighed. He was about to make his move when he felt someone touching his nape. Napalingon siya rito.

"It's you!" He said without thinking. Nangunot naman ang noo ng babae.

"Me?"

It's her! The Caroline girl! His target!

"I-I mean..." His words were cut off when she put her pointing finger on his lips.

"Sshh... let's drink, shall we?"

"Y-Yeah."

---

"She did it again, didn't she?"

"What did she steal this time?"

"A Veneno Roadster."

"Wait what?!"

Napatulala nalang si Phantom sa parking space kung saan naka-park kanina ang kanyang kotse. He got drugged to sleep by that woman. They were just drinking when he passed out. When he woke up, his car is already gone—stolen by that woman.

'Damn it, Crowley wasn't lying when he said that she steals cars!'

A man tapped on his shoulder and gave him a note.

"She left this for you. Don't worry, you're gonna get your car back in a day or two." He said and smiled at me.

When he left, I opened the note and read what was written on it.

'xxx G.A Village, xxx City. This is my address, see you there hotstuff.' With a lipstick mark on the end of the note.

He crumpled the paper in his hand.

That freaking wench! She's going to pay for what she did!

---

NOCTURNALBEAST