Chapter 18

Caroline's POV

"Poor girl... where are her parents?"

"It's been a month since the last time they visited their daughter here."

"What about her twin?"

"She has a twin?"

"Oh no... they're hiding her from everyone to save themselves."

What's happening? What are they talking about? Who's saving who? Where's mama? Papa? Coraline? Where is she?

"When will she ever wake up?"

"No one knows when, she remained comatose for about a month and a half now. The injuries that she received from that unfortunate event took a huge impact on her body."

What's happening? Bakit ang dami niyang boses na naririnig? Where is she? Why can't she open her eyes?

'Someone help me.' She tried to shout but she couldn't, it's as if her lips has been shut tightly.

Everything is painful, her body feels like it's burning and she can't move!

'Someone, please do something! Help me!'

Suddenly, she heard beeping noises from somewhere.

"C-Call the Doctor!"

"Ma'am, can you hear me?"

Though struggling, she still slowly opened her eyes.

"Ma'am, can you hear me?"

"She's awake!"

She really couldn't understand what's going on. Suddenly, there's a lot of people inside the room; though she couldn't exactly see them because of her blurred vision, she could see their shadows and hear their footsteps.

"W-Where... am I?"

"You're Sta. Lucia's Hospital of Trauma and I'm Doctor Darius Gonzales, I'm your Doctor. How do you feel?" a man kept on asking questions to her but she couldn't understand a thing. Nalilito siya at hindi niya alam kung saan siya. What happened to her? Bakit siya nagkakaganito ngayon?

"What's the last thing that you can remember?" he asked her again. She closed her eyes and took a breath before talking again.

"P-Party... G-Graduation party of... of... a friend... then..." She said to him, almost whispering. Her throat feels so dry. Parang ilang araw siyang hindi naka-inom ng tubig.

"Then..." Then what? She couldn't remember a thing anymore!

A tear fell from her eye and she sobbed as fear consumed her. She doesn't know what's the reason behind that fear ngunit natatakot siya.

"Ma'am, please calm down..." the Doctor said to her but she couldn't stop crying.

"M-Mama... papa... nasaan sila?" She asked Doctor Darius but he didn't answer. She sobbed again.

'Did they abandon me? How could they do that?'

---

On that week, she came home alone. She was discharged without any medical bills to pay because her parents already paid for it according to the cashier.

Narinig niya rin mula sa isang Nurse na tinawagan kaagad nito ang kanyang mga magulang ngunit hindi ito sumagot. They didn't bother to answer the calls from the hospital. They didn't care.