Chapter 4

Hindi napigilan ni Coraline na mapabuntong-hininga habang nakatingin sa saradong pintuan ng kumbento. She's sitting on a bench in front of the convent with Phantom  who's just whistling beside her as if he's done nothing wrong.

She's waited for a very long, long time to enter the convent and to train to become a nun and this guy... This handsome guy just blew everything up.

Napatampal siya sa kanyang noo. She really wasn't expecting things to turn out like this. She was sure that she read the agreement before signing it!

She glared at the man beside her. Nakita niya namang napalunok ito.

"Talk."

"There was a hidden contract on the paper that you signed earlier. The agreement on the top was just a sticker." Tuloy-tuloy nitong pagsabi. Nangunot naman ang kanyang noo.

"Sticker?"

Phantom nodded his head and showed her the paper and pointed at the faded line.

"You ended up signing on the paper, I thought you were going to notice, but you didn't."

She closed her eyes and inhaled. She's really trying her best not to snap right now. She hasn't been angry for years. She has been patient to everyone including her twin sister but this?

"Why me?" tanong niya rito.

"Actually, it wasn't supposed to be you—it was supposed to be your twin, Caroline."

Nangunot ang kanyang noo. Wait? He knows that she has a twin?!

"You!"

Phantom stood up and raised his hands to the air.

"Alright, I didn't know that she has a twin sister. I wouldn't just grab a woman on the streets when she has a twin, I had to make sure first."

"Paano mo nalaman ang address?"

"You—I mean, your twin sister left a note with your address inside when I woke up after being drugged to sleep."

She sighed. All of these are because of her twin sister. She's a hundred percent sure that Caroline set her up. She snatched her phone from her pocket and tried to dial her twin's number ngunit cannot be reached na iyon. She contacted her Mother next and after just a few seconds, her Mother answered the call.

"Coraline! My daughter, are you already in the convent?"

'Yeah, outside the convent.'

Hindi na siya sumagot. She hates lying kaya dinodge niya nalang ang tanong ng kanyang ina.

"Where's Caroline mama?" Tanong niya rito. Narinig niya ang pagbuntong-hininga ng kanyang ina sa kabilang linya.

"She left the country without telling us. She just left a note. Your father's still trying to contact his friend to track your sister."

Napatampal siya sa kanyang noo nang marinig ang mga sinabi ng kanyang ina.

"She also left a note... for you."

"What does it say?"

"Good luck on finding the car. What's this?"

She ran hair fingers through her hair out of frustration.

"Alright mama, I'll call you again in a while." She said before ending the call. Napatingin siya kay Phantom na nagtatakang nakatingin sa kanya.

"So? Where is your twin?" Tanong nito sa kanya at humakbang papalapit sa kanya. She gulped.

"S-She's out of the country..." She answered and slowly looked away from Phantom. Para kasi siyang nalulunod sa mga mata nito.