Ch. 1 Request of presence

Reminders:

Hello there readers! So this is my first countryhuman book
I hope you will like this as time goes by!
- 1rene_MC0

Philip POV:
Sfx: alarm of a notification from phone

I wake up from the sound of a message from my phone.
"I wonder who it is?" I groan as I stretch and then I get off my bed to grab my phone. Ugh~ My head is aching because of my schedule today.
Oh it's an unknown number, I wonder who it is..

*********************************************************
Unknown Number: 0918-2347-869
(disclaimer: pls dont call this number it's not mine nor anyone i know)

???:
Good Morning Pres. Philip,
This is your secretary Don. I am
sorry for the sudden message,
This is my new number po.

Philip:
Ah yes Don, it's ok.
Now why else did you text me so sudden?

Secretary Don:
Well.. someone has asked for your presence here at the Malacañang palace and this fellow seems very familiar,
He looks like someone you have in one of your files

Philip:
Oh really? Well I'll see what I can do.
Salamat sa report mo Don.

Secretary Don:
Your welcome president.
Just tell me when you have arrived po.
*********************************************************
Filipino tips: |
Po - a sign of respect.|
Salamat - Thank you |
-------------------------------

Someone has asked for me huh? I wonder who it is. I took a shower for a while. What was I going to do today again?
Oh right, I will go to the Malacañang Palace (Government main house of the Philippines). Then I will find out who this somebody is and what he wants. Then I'll do more tiring work, dealing with drug crimes and other things that will make my head heavy...

I wear my barong-tagalog to look formal but more like me.
Well work is distress itself isn't it? This clothing makes me feel more comfortable and makes my head feel less painful. I wear my dark gray pants and black shoes which have been polished finely.

Then as I was about to set off a little being blocks the door step. This little being here is my dog "Jack" Well yes that name sounds more like a human's and not a dog's , but this fella here just takes the name of the other dog my father had brought back from a scavenge long ago, but I'd rather not talk about the past.

"Jack tabi na, kailangan ko na umalis (Jack move, I need to go now)" I declare my little hound to move. Well unfortunately it didn't listen to me so I asked him to lead the way to whatever he wants me to do before I leave.

Jack leads me to his feeding bowl, He just wanted food so I gave him the left overs of McDonald's chicken nuggets which my neighbour gave me since I didn't really like McDonald's and had Jollibee that day. After feeding Jack, I set off to see this someone requesting for my whole body and soul to be there.

------------------ Later: Malacañang palace 15 mins away --------

Narrator POV:

"Jeez finally I am out of the traffic" Philip sighs of relief ,
EDSA a very revolutionary place from the old times.. Now a place full of traffic and visible signs of poverty under the highways. Seeing that just makes the president have a horrible expression stamped on his face.

Phil POV:

Phil POV:

After seeing some of the negative things in EDSA, Manila
I arrive at my destination just before 10am in the morning. I'm starving right now because I didn't have the time to eat, well I'll just fill my stomach after seeing this person who is looking for me.

I'm calling my secretary, Don
that I was at the entrance already since he asked me to alert him when I've arrived.

Sfx: phone ringing
...
It seems that he isn't picking it up, strange. I'll just text him then and see if he reads it.

******************
Philip:
Don I'm outside the entrance I'll see you there.
******************

I put my phone in my pocket and kept on waiting.

15 mins later, I'm still standing right in front of the entrance like a statue. I sigh and I'm starting to get worried why he isn't reading or answering my calls.
--------------------------------------
Inside Pres. Phil's office in the Malacañang palace:

Don POV:

It has been 30 minutes past 10am already and I'm not receiving a call or a text from Pres. Philip , or at least I think I'm not.

"Excuse me sir I have to check my phone since I'm not having any sign of his arrival" I tell the familiar country in front of me who was staring at a framed photo of the ASEAN family at Philip's desk. I coughed for attention (no he doesn't have covid 19 )
"Oh sure take your time just as long as he arrives" the country replied to my excuse.

I took my phone and tried to turn it on.. then I realized..
"Ay p*ta!" I reacted in a pretty loud voice, just enough for the other to hear me.
"What was that?" He asked me in a confused face
"Oh sorry about that Sir I just got shocked at something." I replied in a nervous face. I can't believe I just cursed in front of a random person! In the president's office! But most of all my phone died!

I calm myself down for a moment and told the country that I am going to check the front door if Philip was there, and he agreed to me.

Sfx: running footsteps and huffing sounds

I ran to the front door and opened to see a tired faced country in front of me standing like a statue. "Sir! I am very sorry po! My phone ran out of battery!" I apologized .

Philip POV:

He's really not reading my text.
I check my watch to find out I was already standing there for about 35 minutes. Dang I'm that patient? Well..
It's already ten thirty at the morning and no sign of a person to pick me up--

Sfx : door banged open loudly

"Sir! I am very sorry po! My phone ran out of battery!" Don banged open the door and in like a millisecond started to apologize at me. I sigh
"That's ok Don, but now that you're here will you please make or get me something to decrease my tiredness like coffee or food. I haven't ate breakfast yet, if you don't mind also get another coffee for the other country and consider this as your apology instead.."
I asked him with a weak voice, My energy is getting drained fast because I have been standing at the front door for approximately half an hour.

"Sige po sir, dadalhin ko na lang po sa office mo (Sure sir, I'll just bring it at your office)" He replied smiling at me "Oh and also sir what kind of coffee shall I make for the two of you?" He followed as he let me in. "An americano and a cappuccino will do thank you Don" I told him "Ok sir looks like I now remember who that country is" then he left to make me breakfast and coffee for the other country and I.
To what Don just said I think it's.. hmmm.. nevermind I'll just see who it is..

I walk to my office and take a deep breath... I think I have a guess now. I twisted the doorknob and reflexively said my guess in a way of asking.

"America?"

End of Ch.1

Thank you for reading!! It means a lot to me! I hope you liked this! AND ESPECIALLY STAY SAFE!!! ()*.

- Sincerely Me! (1rene_MC0)

Special thanks to:
KazumiArme15 for tips and inspiration!