Ch. 4 Found you~

Martial POV:

The Spanish Empire wants my little brother?!
Why? He can't have him! I mean like.. Dad did tell us long time ago that Philip has to be the one who will lead the whole country.
Well if that's the case how did the spanish find out about it? AH! SO MANY THINGS I DONT KNOW!!

(Pretend their speaking spanish again :pp)

"Look if you want him, I'm sorry but I can't please your wants"
Mom replies to the español.
"Ugh how annoying! I might have to force you then!"
The Spanish Empire pulls out his gun.

"MOM NO!!"
I screamed but then Philip dashes out of the door and pushes Perla out of the way.

"llévame en su lugar! no lastimes a mamá! (Take me instead! Dont hurt mom!)"

My little brother yells nonsense. What is he thinking?!! That wasn't on the plan!! Oh.. wait.. we don't have a plan... BUT STILL!!

The Spanish Empire smirks
"See Perla? Your son even agrees"
Mom looks at Philip
"Anak you don't know what your doing! You have no idea what this is going to get you into!"

Mom is right, We don't even know the details of why they want Philip. I run outside and pull Philip with me to the nearest bush.

(Philip and Martial talk Filipino)

"Philip?! Are you out of your mind??"
I tell my reckless brother.
"It's the only way that I can keep you all alive!"
Philip replies
"What do you mean?"
I ask.

"You won't get what I mean by this but, I will be alone in the future and I'm desperately trying to not lose anyone in this family"
Philip tells me.
"I feel like I'm cheating in life.. This isn't right.. We're denying what's supposed to happen Philip"
I told him that it felt wrong.

"So you want mom to die?.."
Philip looks at me in displeasure

"No that's not it!"
I replied
"EDI PA ALISIN MO NA AKO! (THEN LET ME GO!)"
Philip shouted as the tears came rolling at his face.
He pushed me away from him.

It felt like a sudden storm, a strike of lightning struck me right at my chest.
My heart crushed at that very moment. I never made Philip cry like this before...
I was speechless at that time. What's happening? Why is this happening?

"I want you all to be safe ok? Just stay alive for me"
He muttered and I on the other hand doesn't want Philip to leave us alone so.. I peeked out of the bush and waved for Spain's attention, Spain walks to our little private spot.
"Hey Spain can you give us a few minutes to talk about more?" I
asked him in Spanish.
"Sure?" Spain replied to me in confusion and went back behind his dad.

"Ma come here!" I called Mom
"What is it?" She asked me.
"We can't give Philip away neither let any of you die so... We're going to escape" I whispered
"Kuya I could just give myself to them and even if we do escape they're still going to look for us!"
Huh Philip does have a point..

"Then we should kill them."

Silence takes over for a few seconds..
"Martial?!! We've never killed anyone before!! And papa told us not to kill anyone!!" Philip panics
"Dad did say that we should only kill for good, REAL GOOD reasons and this is what he meant." I replied to my stunned brother.

I ran inside the house and took 'my gun' (don't ask if I stole it).
I reloaded it with bullets and put it inside the bag my mom knitted for me since I liked collecting stuff A LOT. I went back outside and told Philip.

"Run."

Philip looked at me with a face clearly saying 'KUYA SURE KA? (BROTHER ARE YOU SURE?)'

"Go!!! Before they notice!!!"
I told him.