Hiding

Normal Dragon Universe

I can't survive this.

Not if she's here.

No.

I will get out of this mess.

Turtle scurried in the dark rainforest, trying to find a safe hiding spot. Even with his sharp SeaWing eyesight, the terrain was hard to navigate.

There was about a 0 percent chance he would make it out of here safe. Not with her out hunting for him. This was her territory, not his.

Even the birds and insects seemed to quiet. There was a moment where of complete silence, adding to Turtle's increasing fear.

He spotted a patch of overgrown ferns that would camouflage his green scales. Turtle raced over to it, careful not to attract attention. She was roaming the rainforest, and was going to catch up to him soon.

Turtle heard a rustling of leaves and branches that were definitely not coming from himself, as he was as frozen as a piece of coral. The prince's heart was pounding. If she found him, it would be all over.

A yellow and pink snake slithered on the branches a few trees ahead. At least, I hope it's a snake. Please let it be a snake, please let it be a snake.

He saw a green-eyed glare from that same branch, the rest of the face hidden by leaves. Definitely not a snake, he commented.

Turtle panicked, trying to make him look smaller. He heard a light chuckle, which made him uneasy. "I see you," the voice singsonged.

With that, Turtle bolted.

Though his nature was lazy and chill, Turtle ran as if there were no tomorrow. Which there might not be, he thought.

Behind him, the SeaWing spotted the lemon-yellow and neon pink figure of her chasing after him. Leaves and twigs snagged his wings and talons, but he didn't care. He kept running.

"Stop running so fast, you stubborn monkey!" she yelled from behind.

"No. No, no, no, no, no!" Turtle mumbled, sprinting blindly.

That was a bad choice, however, as Turtle bumped snout-first into a tree. He yelped in pain, clutching his snout. That's gonna hurt in the morning...

"Ah, there you are," said the voice, appearing upside down, dangling on a branch by her tail. She booped him on the snout with her's, sliding down the tree trunk.

"Got you," she said, her voice almost a whisper.

"Please don't," Turtle whimpered as she cornered him.

The dragoness lifted her talons and promptly began to tickle the life out of Turtle.

He clutched his stomach, rolling in laughter. "Stop, stop! Kinkajou!" Turtle managed to make out.

"Not until you make dinner, Mr. Scaredy-Scales!" Kinkajou responded, continuing to tickle him.

"Moon's sake, Kinkajou, stop! I'll make dinner, fine!" Turtle wheezed, wiping his eyes, his sides heaving.

Kinkajou stepped back to help him get up. Seeing his cheeky smile, she added, "And don't you dare try to add fish in my fruit like last time," poking his leg with her tail.

Turtle sighed. "I can't ever get past you, can I?"

Kinkajou giggled. "Not unless you want to do this again, nope!"

504 words! Not as long as the other ones, but hey, take it or leave it.

Please vote and comment!

C'ya! ❤