Yellow Scales and Stars

Normal dragon universe

---

   Turtle smiled at the sleeping Kinkajou, his heart bubbling over with joy and happiness and affection every time he looked at the bouncy RainWing. It had been about 2 years since the defeat of Darkstalker, Queen Wasp, and the Othermind. I feel like that's enough evil in our lives at this moment. No sir, no more slaying evil and running for my life ever again.

   The SeaWing prince let out a long sigh, turning to look at the stars dazzling the sky. Realization set in. I'll never have to fear for my life again. I can be...normal. I can live my life however I want to.

   With a content heart, the normally nervous SeaWing turned back to the direction of Kinkajou sleeping peacefully, a rainbow of pearlescent colors shifting through her scales, perfectly capturing the serene stillness of the night. Simply ethereal.

   Turtle finally understood why Moon had preferred sleeping outside and suggested an outdoor sleepover. Although a river or two might have been preferable.

   Yes, Turtle would have liked to sleep in a river instead of the itchy grass, and yes, Qibli's snoring was getting annoying, something about the night seemed different. Special. Enchanting, even. Who wouldn't want to spend the night with your closest friends on a starlit night?

   His wing tips twitched instinctively, reaching up towards the two moons shining bright, before Turtle caught himself. Everyone's asleep, Turtle. Who knows what they'll do when they see you flying like a dragonet at night?

Turtle fidgeted with his talons for a bit. Okay, now the grass was really starting to get itchy. Perhaps sitting up for just a little bit wouldn't hurt.

   He looked back at Kinkajou, remembering the day she had told him he was adorable. His heart bubbled over in joy and self-consciousness and panic, replaying his emotions on that afternoon. These days, the happy RainWing preferred to keep a bright pink-and-lavender dress of scales, instead of her former neon yellow and pink. While it might have blinded everyone in the room by its vibrancy, Turtle was willing to admit that he was starting to miss those familiar colors.

   The SeaWing was about to watch a lone cloud travel across the sky when he heard a faint noise coming from next to him. "Huh?" Kinkajou was rubbing her eyes sleepily, "Turtle, you okay?"

   "I'm okay," he responded absentmindedly. "I miss your yellow scales."

---

Reeeee that was bad i dont like it

okay bye enjoy the new cover