Regretful! Levi x Reader

TRIGGER WARNING: This one-shot will contain sensitive content, such as death.

"DON'T TURN AWAY FROM ME! WE NEED TO TALK! PLEASE LISTEN TO ME! " Y/N  cried as she trailed her boyfriend. He didn't turn around. He walked towards his office and before Y/N could say another word, he slammed the door in her face."LEVI PLEASE! OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR!" she pounded her fists on the door.

"one more time," you told yourself

Humanity's strongest couple had another fight. Lately, Levi had started prioritizing work over his lover. He started taking up more and more promotions as well as their responsibilities after a couple of years into their relationship.

Y/N knew that Levi was a busy man, after all, he was the Corporal AND humanity's strongest. But she didn't know that he would be this busy. Before he became a workaholic, Y/N and Levi would work all day, whether it be training cadets or going on a month-long expedition, they'd reunite at home. Levi would always find time even if that meant multitasking. He would take one day off a week, he'd have Y/N sit in his lap as you both did the paperwork, he even would go as far as having both of your squads join together.

That all changed. Levi slowly started going to work every day. He would lock his door during the paperwork. He would come home late and leave to work early. You barely saw the love of your life and when you did he would be tired.

You convinced yourself that this would be a phase. Surely this would end soon. Oh how wrong you were. Why else would he be working s hard? It's not like he is trying to hurt me or avoid me, right? Right?! He must be working toward a goal. Yea. He's trying to accomplish something. If that's the case I should help and support him the most I can! 

Y/N would tuck Levi in at night, wake up early and make him a bento box, restocked on black tea and even cleaned for him. She did everything she could. But years have passed. Y/N had reached her limit. She was sick of being neglected. Y/N was actually very sick. And Levi didn't help with the depression hiding within her heart. But she didn't want to worry Levi, surely he was close to his "goal" by now, so she still stayed optimistic and did not speak of her health in fear of disturbing Levi's "progression.

How stupid of me..

BACK TO PRESENT

"LEVI PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR ITS IMPORTANT you whimpered. You hear a 'tch' from inside. "Y/N go home. I'm busy. You're disturbing me." Levi deadpanned fro within his office. Tears slowly started to pour out of your eyes. Your forehead against the wooden door as you slid to your knees. "Please Levi... I need you" you whispered.

You started to cough up blood. You covered your mouth with an already blood-stained cloth in your pocket. 'Tch' go away. I don't need you to contaminate my office" he spat, annoyance laced in his words.

Your eyes were now streaming down your face. Your heart harboring too many emotions to handle. Then everything quieted. Your decision became clear.

No! One more try! Surely true love will prevail! my inner optimistic thoughts cheered. So I tried once more.

one more time..

" Please.. I love you Levi"

"..."

No response. I felt as if my heart was being strangled. I started hacking more blood up. I ran to the bathroom. The sink slowly turned red.

I can't take it anymore.

Was this love? Huh. more like unrequited love.

Y/N chuckled at her own thoughts when another painful squeeze in her chest erupted. Unsure of what caused more pain, this love or her health condition. She looked up in her mirror and looked her demons in the eye. Her past love with Levi flashing before her as if it was a movie.

The love was innocent. The love was beautiful. The love was.. 

fake?

Her eyes widened at the thought. Another pang in her chest as she started coughing uncontrollably. Her face stained in tears as she thought about Levi. 

She screamed out in pain and heartache. She ripped her dagger from its sheath and stuck her leg where the artery was. She slid her back against the wall. The pain in her heart came to a halt. Her coughing had taken a pause. She looked out the window. 

Her eyes focused on the blue skies and white clouds. Oh, how she longed to be adventuring the unknown with Levi. Blood now forming an alarmingly large pool around her.

Hange had heard a familiar voice cry out. She immediately ordered all present cadets to follow her. She rushed towards the voice when another, more powerful, scream echoed. She entered the bathroom but suddenly fell.

"The fuc-" she was about to scratch her head when she noticed blood on her hand. Well, she noticed she was surrounded by blood. She looked over and saw your pale body against the wall slowly bleeding out. She rushed to you, pressing her cloak on your wound in attempt to stop the bleeding.

"Y/N! Look at me! You're still there?!" she panicked. You turn and face her. Her eyes widened at your movement. You smiled weakly and put a hand on her cheek. She put her hand on yours and cried. "GO GET HELP!" she screamed at the poor cadets. You chuckled softly before whispering to her.

"This is not your fault. Take your hand off the wound. Let me go."

"No! Please! There's so much for us to do! What about your friends! What about me! What about Lev-"

I cut her off. 

one more time..

"I AM YOUR SQUAD LEADER! THAT'S AN ORDER! This is my last order, please take care of Levi for me.. do as I say one more time"

As she was about to release the cloth from your wound, someone came barging in..

"Y/N! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!" Levi ran Hange over and pushed down on my wound. I put my hand on his cheek. His eyes wide staring down at my blood. I grabbed his jaw and made him look at me. His eyes meeting my E/C hues. His eyes filled with regret.

One more time...

I kissed him passionately and he returned it. As if breaking a spell, Levi started spouting apologies and sorry as he desperately tried to stop the bleeding. I put my hand over his. He looked up at me shaking.

I love you, Levi. I know you're busy. Get back to work. We can try to make this love work in another life.

one more time..

"NO! PLEASE Y/N! STAY WITH ME! LET ME FIX THIS! I PROMISE WE CAN ADVENTURE OUT THERE! JUST YOU AND ME! WE CAN LEAVE CIVILIZATION!" he cried

'Of course Levi. I'll do anything for you. Let's go to the great beyond. How's that sound" I smiled

one more time..

"I promise" he whispered.

I sighed and looked into his eyes. Feeling light and a little dizzy I gripped his hand and put it on my heart.

"Let's do this again.. one more time"