Levi x Neglected! Reader

A/N: Sorry I haven't been posting. I've been really busy moving houses and juggling a lot of shi. But I am creating a schedule that will help me be more productive and write more. ANYWAY, I hope you enjoy it!

Levi and Y/N had been the power couple. The ideal couple that is almost impossible to attain. Levi, Humanity's Strongest. A stoic, intense man with brute power and skillset. And Y/N, a humorous, sarcastic, sweet soul with intelligence that goes unmatched.

Many people were jealous of your relationship. Over how perfect it is. If only it were that simple. 

Now it wasn't that either Y/N or Levi did anything specifically, but more of that a distance was growing between the couple. Humanity was plotting its next step towards freedom so Levi has been really busy. Y?N wasn't attention speaking and she understood that his rank had a list of responsibilities, but it has gotten harder and harder to endure.

At first, it was just coming home late and taking a while to respond to texts and calls. But, that was 3 months ago. But now, he was never home. Y/N would cook dinner, but eat alone. She would curl up in bed alone.

Levi would be out for days before coming home. And when he does he is exhausted, he would vaguely greet y/n at home but would collapse out of exhaustion. Y/N was also very overworked, but she was home more than Levi.

Y/N works 12-hour ships 5-6 days a week and takes care of household chores. She has grown very stressed and really just needed Levi. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N sat at the table. She was exhausted. She finished making dinner for two after working overtime at the medical wing in Trost. She was too tired to eat so Y/N just poked the food around. Feelings were bottling within her and were ready to erupt at any given moment.

Y/N has been working herself too hard. She has been aching for just a little bit of affection from her supposed boyfriend who is never around. She gave up trying to talk to contact him when he was working and instead tried to make the most of when he was at home.

Even after working herself to death, on the days, Levi would return home, Y/N would make dinner for him, do his laundry, tuck him into bed, etc just for a "thank you" or "love you" to be muttered.

Y/N sat there at the dinner table by her lonesome. She glanced at the chair across from her where Levi would sit. Her bottled up feelings slowly started slipping through. Tears pooled in her eyes as something tugged at her heart.

Y/N began to cry. She gripped her shirt in her hands as if trying to subdue the pain in her chest as salty tears slid down her face. She put her head down, resting her forehead on her forearm on the table as she quietly sobbed.

She just longed for affection. Levi hasn't hugged her, kissed her, said a full "I love you", or anything in months. She could barely remember his voice. Y/N sat there thinking back to when their relationship was at its prime.

"I miss you"

"Someone please hold me"

"Anyone"

"Just tell me you love me"

Y/N was now shaking violently as silent tears were streaming. The door quietly opened. Levi had returned home.

He dully walked into the kitchen, but abruptly stopped when he saw Y/N with her head down sobbing. A pang of guilt washed over him as he saw the dinner for two untouched on the table. The reality had hit him. The outcome of his actions has affected Y/N.

He dropped everything and rushed over to her. He took a knee at her side and put his hand on her back to soothe her. The sudden contact caused her to slightly jerk. Y/N has been touch starved for a couple of months, so it caused this reaction. Levi frowned at her reaction, he caused this.

He lifted her head and enveloped her in a hug. He ran a hand through her hair as the other held her tightly. Y/N gripped onto his shirt as she buried her head into his shoulder. He lifted her bridal style and brought her to the bedroom. 

He gently put her down. As if instinct, Y/N immediately curled up and wrapped herself in the blankets. Levi quickly freshened up and changed quickly. He hopped in bed beside Y/N and brought her to lay on his chest.

Her breath was still staggered and she was whimpering so he hugged her tight. Whispering 'sorry' and 'i love you' as well as a sting of nothings in her ear. Her breath soon evened and was lulled to sleep. Levi had been nonstop rocking, cuddling, and whispering for her, eventually causing her to slip out of consciousness.

From that point on, Levi had always reminded himself that Y/N was a priority..