Levi x Barista! Reader (part 1?)

Levi heads to his usual tea shop on the days that they have off days. It has become a ritual for him to come in, sit in the corner by the window, and order a black tea and a pastry while he journals and maps outside the walls.

Strangely, his usual barista would leave his cup on his usual table because it became routine. He shrugged it off and took a seat anyways. To his surprise, a new girl came out of the breakroom as she ties an apron around her waist. 

Levi raised an eyebrow, this girl was one of his cadets. She was top of her squad and was usually sarcastic and stoic. She usually hung out with Mikasa or Annie, so it was strange to see her in such a manner.

She had a soft smile on her face as her hair was tied into a messy ponytail with strands framing her face. Calming lofi music was playing over the shop as rain poured outside, it was truly calming. 

Levi still sat in the corner observing her, he was hardly recognizable because he wasn't in uniform and his hair was slicked back because he got wet from the rain.

The barista made a cup of black tea and brought a croissant filled with cream cheese to him. She served him and put the cup in front of him. "Hi, I'm new here, but my manager told me about their regular. Let me know if you need anything" she said.

Levi nodded and bowed slightly. He was shocked on how you addressed him so casually, usually everyone knew him and would praise him like an idol. It was nice to be treated normally for once. 

The shop was quiet, it only had you, Levi, and 2 other people studying. Levi continued to observe you, you interested him. He watched as you sat behind the counter and read near a little lamp. The shop was peaceful in its dimly lit establishment.

You sat there and read, soon enough you sat down at the little piano by the side. One of the customers you were acquainted with had requested you to play piano.

You sat there and decided to play "Bohemian Rhapsody" the piano only version. As the music begun and the melody chimed, Levi felt a pull on his heart strings. The music being played had so much emotion, it made his chest ache,

You sat there swaying with the music as you played, tears brimming your eyes and finally falling as the chorus came in. 

So much pain.

So a lone.

It hurt to hear.

Levi choked mid sip once the chorus hit, he clutched his shirt. His eyes stung, but he didn't let any tears escape. Though Levi had always been emotional, but learned to mask it. It has been a long time since something has tugged on his heart strings this much.

As you finished the song, your face was now tearstained and red. You turned around and slightly bowed as everyone snapped their fingers as an applause. You wiped your eyes and put on a genuine small smile.

The smile she never showed.

Levi sat there in shock. He was now extremely curious and concerned about you. "Why am I so invested in this girl?" he thought to himself. He watched as she went back into the back room, once she came out she was clad in a black sweat shirt and black leggings. 

Her face was sad, and hurt, but them she switched up. Her co-worker that was on the next shift called out for her, she turned around and put on a fake smile that has been perfected. "Y/N!! You forgot your flowers!" you took them and released a relieved sigh, "Thank you" you said.

"Flowers? I wonder who she got them from" Levi thought. 

10 minutes after you left, Levi also left.