ex! Levi x taken! reader

Y/N and Levi were once a power couple, but the longer their relationship lasted, the lonelier Y/N became. Y/N tried everything to spend time with Levi even if it was just doing paperwork together in silence. He left early and slept late. No longer sent little texts to check in, all he would do is mumble a "good morning" or "good night" or "see you later" with a quick half assed forehead kiss.

Y/N grew tired. Tried everyday to the relationship work. She put in 200% worth of effort to make it work, but as time went on, she could only do so much. She got burnt out. She was the only one putting in effort trying to save this relationship. She tried talking to Levi, but he was always

busy.

Y/N went into a depressive state. No, she didn't cry over it everyday, but she lost motivation and energy to carry out everyday duties. Struggling to get up in the morning, dreading leaving her room. She grew tired.

But, that all changed when she met R/N (random name). R/N saved her from her depressive state and brought her back to the lively person she is. She later fell for them and broke things off with Levi. 

The day that they broke up, Levi was barely paying attention, absentmindedly going "mhm mhm. Ok I understand."

This broke Y/N's heart even more, he wouldn't even notice her trying to break things off. Y/N walked up to Levi, this got his attention. He looked up and his eyes widened when he saw your red puffy face. You cupped his cheek and whispered, "we're done Levi". He sat frozen as he watched you put the key to your shared apartment in front of him. 

Then you walked out.

Y/N and R/N had already cleared out all her stuff. She ended up staying with R/N and they fell in love. 

5 Years Later

Y/N and R/N had gotten married and were wandering around Trost. Y/N had retired her high position in the survey Corp after breaking it off with Levi to get a new start. She became one of the heads for the Garrison Division, however she can always return to the Survey Corp with a high rank in emergencies or if she returns.

One day, Y/N was almost done with patrolling when someone noticed her. Levi. He was heading to a meeting with the heads of all the legions to evaluate the new trainee cadet progress. 

Levi had not seen her since the day she left. It took him a bit to realize what he had done. The constant good morning and good night greetings. The little greetings and visits when he worked. Then he realized how much he had been neglecting Y/N. He finally opened his eyes to what was happening. 

A while later he learned that you moved over to the Garrison division, but he could never bring himself or find the time to sort out what he was gonna do.

When he saw you, he quickly dropped his errands and started to follow you around secretly. He was mezmerized by you, much like the beginning of your past relationship when you were both intoxicated with each other. He fell head over heels for you again.

However his little daydream was popped when he heard the scho of your giggle. He looked at you and saw you engulfed in R/N's arms. They picked you up and swung you around as you laughed into their chest. You were happy.

Levi hung his head and trudged back to his duties. You had moved on. You deserved better. How could he ruin that when he caused your break up?