Chapter 2: Neighbors

[y/n] was dumbfounded with wide eyes. 'WHAT.' Her mind screamed at what she was told. The boy continued smirking until raising his hand to get her attention. 

"Yoo-hoo! Earth to [y/n]-chan, are you there?" He waved in front of her. She shook her head sideways and clapped her cheeks. [Y/n] looked up at the smirking boy in front of her. 

 "Why're you smirking at me like that?" She said a bit nervously. Atsumu chuckled and pat her head. "No reason heh. Anyways, I'm right across from you so I guess I'll see you around more often." He winked and walked towards his house. [y/n] nodded still a bit stunned at the fact that they're neighbors and waved goodbye. 

 When entering the house she was greeted by the presence of emptiness. 'They're probably at work still.' She turned on the lights of the kitchen to grab a little something to snack on from the fridge. After getting her snack she strolls upstairs and into her room. 

Your POV: 

Well, that was weird, I never expected to live by him, let alone in front of him. I felt my cheeks get a little warm and shake off the thought while opening a bag of sliced apples. This move has been surprisingly well so far. The area around the school is nice, the neighborhoods are nice, everything is nice. Maybe things won't end up as bad as I thought. My mind started to trail off as I began to think about Miya-kun. Although it isn't really any of my business, I wonder what Miya-kun is actually like. He seems like a good guy from the way he's been around me so far, but then again I probably shouldn't get too comfortable. I'm also a bit curious about that girl... are they a thing? 

 *slap* I clapped my cheeks at the silly thought. Why am I think so much about him? I barely even know him. Is it because he's good looking and is really good at volleyball? Because he's my neighbor? GAH. WHY AM I THINKING SO MUCH. I sighed at my own frustration and decided to take a shower to freshen myself up. The warm shower helped quite a lot in terms of not feeling sweaty anymore, but I still can't stop thinking about him. 

 Do I like him?... 

[Y/N] YOU'RE CRAZY. You can't just like someone you just met. 

God, I just moved and I'm already liking people. I mean there's nothing wrong with admiring right? Pft yeah, there's definitely nothing wrong with that but I can't just develop feelings for someone I just met. I laid down on my bed and stared at my phone screen tapping the youtube app. I wonder if my school has any games recorded from before. I typed on the search bar 'Inarzaki High school boys volleyball' and pressed enter. Videos popped up of thumbnails with games from previous years. I scrolled down until seeing a familiar face on the thumbnail of the video titled "Inarizaki boys volleyball highlights" and tapped on it. It was a compilation of their best plays from different games. While watching 2 minutes in of the 10-minute video Shinsuke-kun appeared serving the ball. My eyes widened at how consistent and strong his serve was. As I continued watching his plays throughout the video I realized that it somewhat ended. Man, Shinsuke is so cool I'm quite happy I met him today he seems super responsible and kind. 

 My phone vibrated notifying that my mom sent a text message. 

From Mom: I'm sorry hun but your father and I won't be back until tomorrow morning, we're performing surgery on a patient. I hope you understand. I accidentally made a lot of katsu before you left earlier so it's in the fridge if you're hungry.

To Mom: Okay good luck! 

I sighed and put down my phone feeling a bit lonely. I wish someone was here with me I could really use some company about now. OH! I should call Tobio, maybe he'll answer. I dialed his number on my phone and waited for him to pick up. "Sorry, you have reached the cell phone number of Kageyama Tobio-" I clicked the end button. This stinks. I'm so BORED. There was really nothing to do here at home other than use my phone or my laptop. I got up, went downstairs and walked to the fridge. Once opened I saw the katsu my mom made earlier which was stacked and decided to warm it up. 'There's so much katsu how am I going to finish this ;-;'. As I was waiting for it to heat up the doorbell suddenly rang startling me.