Chapter 13: A misunderstanding

It's been about 15 minutes since the Inarizaki Volleyball team stood in line to board the bus. Coach Mizaki forgot the tickets in her room and ran to get them making the team stay still and behaved under the supervision of the boys' coach.

As the teenagers talked and socialized for the time being [y/n] felt unsteady and ashamed. It wasn't that she was uncomfortable Osamu around, but because of the whole Atsumu situation. All she hoped for was a nice little time at a hot spring with her boyfriend within their vacation but it came clear to her that it possibly can't happen after Ayumi took her place.

Atsumu, on the other hand, has been restless and continuously looks at [y/n] and his phone. He's been spamming her with text messages asking what's wrong and if he did something wrong. It wasn't clearly wasn't coming to him as he tried his hardest to remember what he did that made her spin a whole 180.

"Are you okay Atsumu?" His ex asked. He looked at her in disbelief and sighed.

"Why're you standing next to me? I won that game fair and square," His question took her aback and she became quiet.

"I thought after you came to my room we were okay with being friends and all-"

"You do understand that I wanted my GIRLFRIEND to be my partner for this trip right? I'm sorry but I already told you we can't be friends if you're going to continue acting like I'm still yours." Ayumi stood there frozen at the blonde's words.

*FLASHBACK*

As [Y/N] was in the bathroom Atsumu made his way and put on his shoes to go to Ayumi's room. He made sure the door closed securely and checked if he had the spare room key in his pocket. Trusting that he did he made his way to his ex-girlfriends hotel room.

The elevator doors opened and Atsumu's eyes scanned for the specific room number as he walked through the quiet empty hallways. Once he found it, he sighed and knocked on the door hearing footsteps approach him. The door opened right away revealing Ayumi still in her night gown.

"What is that?" He questioned the girl in front of him. She smirked and invited him inside her room. He walked in and was welcomed to the sight of a messy bed with another volleyball player hidden under the thick comforters.

"Do you want anything to drink? Tea? Coffee?" She offered.

"You promised a session like the good old days so I suggest you get to it so I could leave right away." He replied coldly.

"Now, now. You said even though our relationship was toxic you still wanted to be friends."

"Yeah, I did. But I can't be friends with you if you're going to continue acting like I'm still your boyfriend." Ayumi rolled her eyes and sat in front of him holding a small box.

"2 rounds and if I win you owe me your expensive mud face mask." She dealt.

"Fine, but if I win you leave me and [Y/N] alone." He challenged back.

She opened the box and took out the exact number of cards, setting up for a game of Egyptian war. 15 minutes after the two rounds and thee winner came out to be Atsumu. (Phew)

The boy was proud that he hasn't lost his touch in playing cards and the fact that he got to keep his expensive face masks since he wanted to try them out with [Y/N].

"(Sigh) Fine, I'll leave you alone. Now get out of my room before you worry your stupid girlfriend," Ayumi said in annoyance as she crossed her arms.

"She. Is. Not. Stupid." He tried pulling out his phone from his pocket realizing it wasn't there.'Shit.'

His ex smirked as he looked at her with angered eyes.