Chapter 5: A change

You couldn't help but recall what happened during yesterday's announcement after practice, which made you most utterly speechless.

"Your partner is Atsumu Miya."

Those words kept on replaying in your mind as you packed. 'Why me? How was that even possible?' You thought to yourself. You tried figuring out the answer to your own question but ended up with nothing and just accepted it.

There was only 1 day left until the team trip and you're all over the place trying to figure what and what not to pack. You wanted to bring your whole closet but also knew that it would be totally unnecessary. You scheduled that today you were going to pack your sleeping clothes and toiletries so tomorrow you could figure out the situation about your casual clothes.

'Should I try to impress? Gah, nope. Nope. Nope.' Of course, you want to make sure your outfits look good but the thought of how Atsumu would see you kept running in your mind. You were stuck and needed advice from a friend so you dialed Tobio's number on your cell phone. 

"Hello?"

"Oi, Tobio. You never answer my calls. It's been so long." You replied on the phone with a pout. It's been a while since you've heard your kuohai, making you miss your hometown. You guys would text from time to time just to keep up with what's going on but hardly ever call since he'd never answer. He knows about your feelings for Atsumu since you've told him and was shocked to hear of your crush on such a known figure in the high school volleyball world.

"HAH. SORRY. I've been busy preparing for this years' volleyball team, it'll be my first year of high school too so don't blame me. Anywayss, what's up?"

"I need your help."

"With?"

"So, we have a team vacation and I have 1 day left to pack."

"Okay. So what do you need help with?" His question made you stare blankly at your wall. 'Wtff' you thought while squinting your eyes.

"Should I pack clothes to impress Atsumu?" You replied blushing.

"[Y/n], you might be older than me and much smarter. But bro. Come on. You're not 10 years old, pft. Who cares about how he'll see you, you already look good in a rag so what more would certain clothes do. I say you just pack enough for a week and then buy stuff there. Heck, you're going to Tokyo, there'll be more clothes you'd probably want to buy."

"I mean I guessss. Okay, okay. Thanks, Kags. I'll talk to you soon and bring you something back from the trip."

"Okay and thanksss. Good night, ya old hag."

"OLD HAG- SHUT 'YER PIE HOLE. Good night third-best setter." You mocked back.

"THIRD BEST SET-" You laughed as you ended the phone call at the angry blueberry. For the most part, you did take his advice to heart and was also proud of how responsible he sounded. It made you forget that he's going to be an incoming first-year at Karasuno once school starts, making you a teeny weeny bit sad upon remembering your old school.

You got your scheduled things together and decided to call it a night. 'Tomorrow, all I have to pack are just my casual clothes. Don't stress. Don't stress.' With that, your thoughts led you off to sleep.

~~~~~

Today, you got almost everything done packing wise. All you had to do left was buy some snacks for the train ride there and boom you're done done. As the day went by, it was already 6 in the afternoon so you decided to go to the groceries and buy the snacks. After closing the door to your house you turned around only to find Atsumu outside of his, alone.