Chapter 15: First Love

Atsumu's Pov:

"It was my first relationship, I believed was my first ever love."

My hands were shaking as I began to get nervous. [Y/n ] froze at my statement and I still couldn't tell what she was thinking.

'Maybe it was a bad idea to go this route? Do I really have to open about this? Would she think I'm pathetic?'

Questions kept running through my mind and by the time I knew it my hands began to get clammy and a little sweaty. I was scared. Not knowing what to do I sighed again to try and calm myself down.

"I-It was a while ago but there are times where she still comes to mind... a-and-"

"Atsumu.." The way she says my name in such a calming tone made me tense up.

"You don't have to force yourself to tell me. If it's something that you're uncomfortable talking about then it's alright-"

"No. I want to. I'm sorry I just never really talked about it with anyone else other than the boys." I told her. [Y/n] bit the corner of her lip and looked away.

"It happened in our 2nd year of Junior High..."

*Flashback*

"'SAMU! 'TSUMU!" I heard a faint yell at the gates of Yako Junior High.

It was our first day of school, coming back for the spring quarter. My brother and I walked towards the familiar figure who seemed to be waiting for both of us in front of the gates of our school. The figure was of a girl wearing the school's uniform in a neat manner. Her straight bangs complemented her face as her hair was put in a high ponytail. The longer I stared at her while walking the warmer I felt my cheeks get approaching her closer.

"'Tsumu are you blushing?" I heard my brother tease.

"Oh shut up! No, I'm not, it's just a little warm." I told him shooting a glare while stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"Whatever."

The girl ran up to get between us linking our arms with hers as we walked through the entrance gate of the school.

"I'm soooooo happy we're all together again! Do you guys think we'll be in the same class this time?" She asked.

"I hope so Akemi-chan, it sucked that I was the one separated from you two." My brother told her.

Miyamoto Akemi our childhood friend from elementary school.

Our parents were close friends and whenever they'd come over she would as well. We'd have playdates and just spend almost every moment with each other. 'Samu and I would protect her from the bullies and threats of other kids. We were comfortable amongst each other's households too, she'd come to ours as if she was a part of our family which went the same for me and Samu. It was us three against the world.

The first quarter of the year was when I started developing feelings for her. Akemi and I were in the same class as my brother was placed in the class after ours. And because our the similarities of our last names we were seat partners for that whole quarter.

At first, everything was pretty normal between us two, until she started to tie her hair.

Yeah, it sounds weird. Me starting to develop feelings for my childhood friend because she puts her hair up. But, it was true.

I saw her face clearly.

She would always wear her hair down which would kind of cover her face every time she would work on her homework. But seeing her face clearly made me realize how beautiful she was, thus would be the reason I'd blush at the sight of her. I truly believed she was beautiful.