Chapter 8: I can explain

*Disclaimer, there will be a small form of verbal abuse that will pop up in this chapter so if you're not comfortable with it feel free to skip it*

Atsumu's POV: It was hard to see [y/n] hurt because of me, but it really wasn't like that.

*Earlier*

After we got out of the knick-knack shop, was when things were just getting better between [y/n]. I swear I wanted to make her mine after she put this bracelet on my wrist and while we took those embarrassing photos in the photo booth, but once we got out was when I saw her.

It was Ayumi.

As I saw her I froze. For a bit I really believed she was following me or something, trying to find the right moment to ruin the time [y/n] and I was spending together. I just can't let that happen though, I'm completely done with her bullshit attitude. We may be similar in some areas of personality traits but I know for a fact that I want to change and will do anything to change for [y/n], the way she listens to me and gives me these feelings I haven't felt in so long made me want to have her. This is not new to me, but it's something I'm not really familiar with either. Even with my first girlfriend, I've never wanted something with someone as bad as I do with [y/n].

"Astumu~" I heard her call. 'Oh god why.'

She jumped onto me greeting me with her familiar smile. The smile that can tick even a bug off. I looked over at [y/n], only to find her answering her phone. The way I heard Kita senpai's name roll off her tongue caught me off guard. What does he possibly want with [y/n] in order to call her knowing she's with me?

"Astumu, why'd you break up with me? I'm still in love with you and I'll do anything for you please just take me back," Ayumi whispered in my ear. I got chills remembering the first time she used that excuse on me, which ended on an intimate note, but that doesn't matter to me right now. Not anymore.

"Ayumi, let go, please. I don't want you," I told her trying to pry away from her embrace. I looked at [y/n]'s direction as she was still on the phone call with her back facing me.

"Oh come on 'Tsumu, you can't possibly be falling for her. It's literally only been three months since you got to know her, plus I've known you longer and know your preferences. How about we go back to my hotel room and sorta things out hm? My roommates aren't there," Ayumi told me. Her invitation was the last straw.

"Time doesn't matter to me and neither do you," I scoffed at her. I noticed [y/n] from the side as she was still on the phone hearing that she was concluding her conversation.

"I know what will matter though," my ex said to me. Before I could say anything I felt her lips press against mine. The familiar sensation of her kiss implemented the feeling of guilt and indiscretion. I looked over at [y/n] direction once again finding her look my way with wide eyes. My eyes widened as well, finally being able to pry Ayumi off of me.

"[Y/N], it's not what you think!"

"Um, I'm just gonna go now. Kita invited us for dinner at the ramen place near the hotel so just come when you're free or something," she said. My heart dropped as she turned her back to me beginning to walk away.

"It didn't matter to you, but it sure did matter to her," I felt Ayumi smirk behind me. I continued to watch [y/n] as she walked out of the mall. As I turned to Ayumi, she continued to smirk at me and walked towards me while clinging onto my arm.