Chapter 19- Death pt. 2

After Brianna had settled down she was now sitting around the campfire holding the baby but she kept staring at Joseph and Jotaro. She couldn't believe how much alike they looked when Joseph was younger. I mean they could have been mistaken for twins.

"Does that mean Jotaro's gonna look just like Joseph when he gets older," Brianna pondered

Brianna thoughts were interrupted by a happy giggle. She looked down at her arms to see the baby smiling waving his hands trying to get her attention. Brianna held her hand to the baby's forehead.

"Well now someone's happy. The baby's fever gone down everyone. Brianna Announced

"Oh that's good," Joseph said walking over, "If we lost him, I don't know what we'd do." Joseph bent down to be at level with the baby.

Joseph started playing peekaboo with the baby making him laugh. Brianna smiled thinking it was cute.

"You're really good with him Brianna," Joseph said

"Huh? You think so? Joseph"Brianna asked

Joseph smiled and nodded his head, "You're gonna make a great mother one day."

Brianna blushed at the compliment and gave a small thanks. And she gave small thought to having a family one day. " Would they look like Jotaro or me. Wait what am I saying" Brianna caught herself.

"Hey, Old Man. The radios not busted. What should we do? Should we send out an SOS?" Jotaro asked

"Let's call for rescue," Joseph said

As Joseph and Jotaro went to radio for help Brianna started to play with the baby more.

She lifted him up in the air making him laugh. She then started tickling his stomach earning even more giggles from the baby.

While Brianna was playing around with the baby she failed to notice the strange look Kakyoin was giving her or more specifically the baby in her arms.

The baby abruptly stopped laughing his expression going from happy to shaky and irritable.

"Hmmm? Something wrong?" Brianna questioned

She checked his diaper and he was dry. Then a thought occurred she hadn't given the baby anything to eat or drink all day.

"You must be thirsty. I'll get you some water." Brianna set the baby down in his basket.

She went over to the water jugs, "I don't have any bottles on me. I wonder what I could use as a substitute?"

"WAAAAAAH!"

Brianna quickly stopped what she was doing when she heard the wails of the baby. She looked behind her to see Kakyoin holding the baby up by his bib.

"Kakyoin!" Everyone yelled running over.

Polnareff took the crying baby out of Kakyoin's hands and held him close to her chest.

"Kakyoin that's way too rough. You could have hurt him, what's up with you?" Joseph said

"M-My apologizes..." Kakyoin said

"It's fine just be more careful," Polnareff added

As Joseph bounced the baby up and down trying to calm him down.

"I think it's time that we all get something to eat. We'll all calm down once we have some food," Joseph said

Brianna nodded her head in agreement.

Joseph had placed the baby back in his basket and was now sitting next to He cooked .

"Wow Joseph it looks great," Brianna complimented impressed.