Chapter 10

Chapter 10

*Desi's POV*

They kept me in the hospital for three days on suicide watch. Three days of missing soccer practice, I knew it'd be hell going back. Liam drove me home from the hospital and when we walked through the door, I finally felt relaxed.

I made my way into my room with Liam following close behind with my things. I saw my bathroom light on and looked at the floor. Anthony was sobbing desperately trying to clean up the blood I had left there. "A-Anthony, you don't have to do that hun," I said as I picked him up off the ground. Anthony cried onto my shoulder as I tried my best to calm him down. Then I looked over at Liam only to find him standing there frozen in the doorway staring down at the bloody mess.

I walked Anthony out of the bathroom, pushing Liam along with him back into my bedroom. I picked Anthony's head up off my shoulder, wiped away his tears, got on my tiptoes and kissed his forehead. I pulled back and smiled at him and Liam, "you guys should go sit down.. I think you both could use some rest."

I turned around and walked back into the bathroom and started cleaning up my blood. "Desi are you home?" asked Eleanor.

"Yeah El, don't come back here though. I'll be done in a sec," I replied quickly.

"What're you doing back there?" she called from the kitchen.

"I just have to clean something up," I said simply.

I finished cleaning up my blood and walked into a silent living room. "What?" I asked looking at all of them. None of them would even acknowledge me. "Oh, good talk. Well if you guys don't mind, I'm gonna go to practice," I said grabbing my things and walking out the door.

I came home to an almost completely dark house. I set down my bag and kicked off my shoes. "Is anyone here?" I yelled unsure of what to expect.

I heard someone sniffle and clear their throat. "Yeah babe, I'm in here," croaked Liam.

I quickly ran into the living room and turned on the light. "Liam.. baby what's wrong?" I asked sitting down next to him on the couch. He wouldn't look at me, so I grabbed his quivering chin and made him look at me. His eyes were red and puffy, his face was tear drenched. "Awwe Li, please talk to me," I said softly.

I let go of his chin and dried his eyes as he took a deep breath. "I-I just can't shake the th-thought of you cleaning up your own b-blood. I can't even imagine h-how El must've felt when she found you in there," he whimpered. I reached over and took his hand in mine slowly rubbing patterns on him with my thumb. "A-all of this is completely my fault. I-I sh-should've fought harder to explain t-to you what happened." He started crying harder, I couldn't take seeing him like that.

I crawled into his lap and held him as close to me as I possibly could. I snaked my arms around his neck, one hand resting on the back of his head combing through his hair while the other rubbed his back. His hands slowly found the small of my back as he pulled me in closer and sobbed onto my shoulder. I felt tears beginning to sneak out the corners of my own eyes.

"It wasn't your fault Liam, don't blame yourself," I sniffled.

"It was my fault! I sh-should've made sure Danielle was gone, I-I shouldn't have let you walk away! Desi, I d-don't know what I would've done if y-you had died. I l-love you so much," he sobbed.

I couldn't take it anymore. I pulled back and cupped his face in my hands holding it inches away from mine. I looked into his eyes and spoke slowly, "that was not your fault Li. I love you more than anything under the sun. What I did was selfish, suicide is selfish. I wasn't thinking about what or who I was leaving behind.." I trailed off.

"P-please.. please don't ever leave me," he whispered through tears.

"I promise, Liam. I'll never leave you and I'll never put you through anything like this again. I am so sorry baby," I said shakily as I wiped the tears off his cheeks and he did the same for me. I kissed his forehead lightly and smiled at him a bit when I looked back into his warm brown eyes. "God I love you," I giggled just before planting a soft kiss on his lips. I pulled away to find him beaming at me, I don't think I'll ever get over that smile.

Suddenly I remembered I had just came from soccer practice and I climbed off his lap. He must've noticed the disgusted look I had on my face because he started laughing, "what?" he asked.

"I probably smell and look like shit, I need to shower," I laughed running off to my room. "I'll make dinner when I'm out!" I yelled from behind the door.