18

"hello! why did you have to go home so early today?" haeyoung asked through the phone, talking to jaemin.

"oh, my cousin just moved to seoul! i helped him unpack some of his items as well. i'm honestly pretty exhausted after all the unpacking," jaemin chuckled.

"your cousin?"

"yeah, the one whom i visited on valentine's day!"

"ohh, what's his name again? jae- jae what?"

"jaehyun, jung jaehyun."

"ah right, jaehyun."

"please don't leave me for him," jaemin pouted, even though she couldn't see him through the screen.

"i won't. i don't even know what he looks like," haeyoung laughed at his cuteness.

on the other side, jaemin was on his bed, smiling like a madman thinking about haeyoung's mellifluous laugh.

"hellooo earth to jaemin?" she cut his thoughts short, breaking him out of his trance.

"what were you saying? sorry i got lost in my thoughts,"

"i was asking if you'd like to meet up for ice cream tomorrow,"

"so... a saturday date?" he teased.

"i wouldn't call it a date..."

"but i would! so a date it is."

"o-okay," a blush crept up on her cheeks.

"time and place?"

"hmm one o'clock? the ice cream parlour near jisung's house."

"sure! i can't wait to see you tomorrow."

"me too,"

"we're going to have so much fun, how about we go ice skating after ice cream? or maybe we could go play laser tag? ooh! or do you want to watch a movie? we can also go watch the sunset at the beach!"

"..."

"hello? haeyoung?"

silence.

"i guess you fell asleep. don't worry, i'll think of a plan by tomorrow. goodnight haeyoung, even though you can't hear me," with that, jaemin ended the call and started searching up ideas for the date.

___

"haeyoung! i'm sorry i'm late, i tried my best to look good," jaemin panted, catching his breath.

"woah, calm down. it's not like i'll run away,"

"you might, there are so many good looking guys out there. who knows?" jaemin frowned.

"you're funny," she squished his cheeks.

"yeah... sure. moving on, let's get going! i have a lot planned out for today,"

"really?"

"of course! just wait and see."

the couple went inside the ice cream parlour and bought their ice cream, sitting down on the seat beside the window.

"what was your first impression of the boys and i?" jaemin asked.

"on your first day?"

"yep." jaemin nodded his head.

"well, i thought renjun was cute because he was small compared to you guys, hyuck was literally flawless, he was glowing. jeno was cute too, because of his smile and as for you, i thought you were a pretty boy. i was honestly shocked that you had feelings for me. so many girls like you, and yet you chose me,"