33

after staying home for one more day, haeyoung was finally back in school on friday.

"haeyoung! you're back! are you feeling better?" chenle and jisung ran up to haeyoung as soon as they saw her heading to her locker.

"yes i am. were the two of you worried?"

"very," the two replied simultaneously.

"the legendary lee donghyuck is here," haechan walked over to the three of them and draped his arm over haeyoung's shoulder.

"the chicken soup you gave me was nice, thank you." haeyoung fiddled with his fingers that were resting on her shoulder.

"welcome. where are the others?" haechan asked.

"jaemin is doing his duties, mark, renjun and jeno went for breakfast. they'll most likely be late- speaking of the devil, there the three are," jisung enlightened. they simultaneously turned their heads towards the direction jisung pointed to and saw the trio entering school, sweating.

"hi losers. we didn't miss out much of the conversation, did we?" renjun waved and smiled innocently.

"oh! haeyoung you're back," jeno pushed haechan away and engulfed haeyoung in a teddy bear hug.

"you're sweaty!" haeyoung squeaked out, disgusted.

"you still love me though," jeno smiled and playfully stuck his tongue out.

"hey guys," a voice came from behind. haeyoung knew whose voice that belonged to very well. she shifted uncomfortably and moved away from jaemin, standing beside renjun instead.

"hae-" before jaemin could call out her name, haechan distracted jaemin, saving haeyoung so she didn't need to talk to jaemin. haeyoung could only thank him internally.

"jaemin! did you reach level 15 on the game yet?" haechan asked jaemin.

as the two were immersed in their conversation about games, renjun, jeno, chenle and jisung could only watch in confusion.

"haeyoung, don't you miss jaem-" jeno was cut off by haeyoung. "oh look at the time, i better get going to class now. bye guys! see you later during break." haeyoung grabbed her books and headed into class first, leaving the boys more dumbfounded than they already were.

"but we're classmates...?" renjun said, sounding more like a question.

"wait haeyoung!" jaemin paused his conversation with haechan and called out her name once again, only for him to be ignored.

"we still have eight minutes until class starts, why was she rushing off to class?" chenle looked up from his watch, anticipating the others' comments.

"ever since she came back, she's been acting weird... haechan what did you put in her soup?" renjun folded his arms, accusing haechan. in a playful way, of course.

"hmm... maybe some awareness?" haechan replied in the same sassy tone renjun used.

"i think she's ignoring me," jaemin said sadly, a pout forming on his lips.

"haeyoung wouldn't do that, don't worry. maybe she has some incomplete homework." jisung tried convincing jaemin, patting his shoulder lightly.

renjun noticed how mark hasn't exchanged a single word since he arrived in school. "is there something wrong?" he asked softly, showing concern for the quiet male.

"huh? i'm fine. why?"

"you haven't been talking much." renjun shrugged.

"there's nothing for me to say," mark made up an excuse, preventing himself from exposing jaemin right there and then.