27

"alright, so here's the plan. once school ends, haeyoung and jeno will go buy party decorations. jisung and chenle, buy the cake mix. don't forget the frosting and sprinkles too. jaemin, mark and i will be in renjun's house to hide the presents and put up the decorations. we have four hours to prepare everything since renjun will be gone for his art tuition. is that alright?" haechan stated over the phone, planning for renjun's birthday party that was held the next day.

"i actually have some leftover party decorations from minguk's birthday, i can bring some over," mark added on.

everyone agreed to the plan and all that was left to do was wait for the next day to arrive and put whatever that's been planned into good use.

___

"where are you guys? it's been thirty minutes. the rest of us are already decorating the cake," mark was on speaker mode with jeno.

"we're still waiting for the bus, we will reach in twenty minutes or so. ah, the bus just arrived, i'll see you guys later." jeno ended the call, getting into the bus with haeyoung, hands filled with bags full of party decorations. the nearest shop that sold party decorations were unfortunately a twenty minute drive away from renjun's house, so jeno and haeyoung being the ones tasked to purchase the decorations took longer to arrive than the others.

after that twenty minute bus ride, they finally arrived at renjun's house.

after several doorbell rings, renjun's mother opened the door.

"oh! you must be the last two kids to arrive! come in, the others are currently in the backyard hiding the presents," she gave them a maternal smile and opened the door wider for them to enter.

"i'll be upstairs, please make yourselves at home," she said and excused herself.

"alright, thank you," the two set the bags on the tiled floors and went to see the cakes progress.

"should i draw moomin?" haeyoung asked jeno, noticing the white icing on the table.

jeno being the supportive friend he is, he agreed immediately. haeyoung searched up a photo of moomin and drew it on the cake. she wasn't the best at drawing, but it was passable. it still looked like moomin, that's what matters. by the time she was finished, the rest came back in and joined the two.

"is that moomin?" jisung's eyes lit up.

"no, it's renjun. of course it's moomin!" haechan sassed.

"we better start putting up the decorations haeyoung and jeno bought, we don't have much time left," mark reminded them.

"agreed."

___

after hanging up the last piece of streamer, they heard the door unlocking. they seven exchanged glances and dashed behind the couch to hide. just in time, renjun entered.

"i'm home,"

"surprise!" the seven jumped out from behind the couch, scaring renjun.

"what the-"

"happy birthday! did you really think we forgot about your birthday?" chenle screamed and popped the party popper. the rest followed along, popping the party popper and the house became a loud popping mess.

"when did you guys arrive?"

"we came over right after school, we didn't even change out of our uniforms," haechan told him, leading him into the kitchen where the cake was placed.

"it's moomin! who drew that?" renjun chortled, noticing the slightly lopsided moomin.

"the one and only, cha haeyoung," jaemin averted his attention to haeyoung who was smiling from ear to ear, cheeks slightly reddening due to embarrassment.