31

SLEEPY CLUB

HAECHAN:
math is so hard

JENO:
make it soft then

JISUNG:
what did i just walk in to

RENJUN:
just haechan being a dumbass and jeno being his usual unfunny self. what's new?

HAEYOUNG:
why are you guys texting in class

CHENLE:
i could ask you the same, why are YOU texting in class

HAEYOUNG:
i'm not in school today

JISUNG:
why? :(

HAEYOUNG:
sick

CHENLE:
get well soon!!!!

JISUNG:
^^ yes! pls do!

HAEYOUNG:
thank you kiddos

HAECHAN:
your replies are so dry

HAECHAN:
anyway, you went home without telling us yesterday? wow what a friend you are

RENJUN:
you could've at least told us so we could pretend to bring you home but really we're just skipping the remaining lessons

MARK:
guys cut her some slack

MARK:
and stop using your phones in class. no wonder haechan you don't understand math. you blame the teacher that she doesn't teach well but the actual problem is you smh

___

like what mark said to jungwoo the day before, he was over at haeyoung's place after school.

jungwoo let him in and the first place he went to was the bathroom to change out of the uniform and into his casual oversized t-shirt and shorts.

"haeyoung is in her room, she locked the door and hasn't came out since yesterday. she came back crying and i don't know what happened to her. could you help me check up on her?" jungwoo sighed, head hanging low.

"sure, i'll check up on her." mark made his way up to her room and knocked on her door.

"jungwoo, stop bothering me." haeyoung's voice was hoarse and it sounded like she had been crying.

"it's mark." mark knocked on haeyoung's door again but to receive no answer.

"can i come in?" after a few shuffling sounds, he heard the door unlocking.

"are you... okay? i don't think you're sick," mark asked softly as he stepped into the dark room. the curtains were shut, the lights were off, and the only light source was from the small gap in between her curtains and the window. haeyoung didn't answer him and remained quiet.

mark went over to the edge of her bed and sat down. "haeyoung, look at me." to his dismay, she was still ignoring him.

"don't ignore me." he said in a hushed but dominant tone.

haeyoung huffed out a sigh and sat up, facing mark. her hair was disheveled and her eyes were puffy. it was his first time seeing his bestfriend so wrecked and broken.

"what happened?" he stared at her with so much warmth in his eyes, haeyoung felt bad he had to see her in this condition.

haeyoung let out a deep distressed sigh, opening her mouth to speak up. her mouth was open, but no words came out. before words could even start escaping her lips, tears started spilling out of her eyes. and that was enough for mark to know that she was not just "sick".