chapter 2

Percy's first day of school was today. In the middle of the second semester. So it was in February. He got dressed and ready and brushed his teeth, and all of that, and went into the kitchen to eat breakfast. He ate cereal with milk, hugged his mom, and went to catch the bus. His mom promised him a car for his birthday...

Once he entered the school, he met with the principal to talk rules and he received his schedule.

His schedule was this:

Homeroom

Chemistry

Lunch

Algebra

Free Period

Choir

He would be 20 minutes late to chemistry class since he missed homeroom because he was with the principal, but less school, the better. The principal, Chiron Brunner, was a pretty cool guy, considering he was pretty old. They shook hands, and Percy was off to Chemistry. He knocked on the classroom door and the teacher opened it.

"Mr. Jackson?" she asked. He nodded and entered the class. The students started talking about him. "Quiet down!" the teacher called. "This is Mr. Jackson, he's the newest member of our school, I expect you all to treat him kindly. Mr. Jackson, would you like to introduce yourself?"

That wasn't a question, so much as an order, so he nodded. "My name is Perseus Jackson, but please call me Percy. I'm seventeen. My favourite colour is blue, and I hate school." The kids laughed, but the teacher seemed displeased.

"Percy, there's an empty spot next to Mr. Grace," she pointed to a kid in the back of the class with blonde hair and blue eyes so vibrant, that Percy could see them from so far away. He went and sat next to Grace. The teacher continued her lecture about atoms and molecules, but he didn't listen to any of it. In all honesty, he didn't think anyone was listening.

Grace took a piece of paper out of his desk and wrote on it. He sighed and passed it to Percy. It said: this is sooo boring.

Percy smiled and wrote back: u hate chemistry too? When Grace got it, he smiled and nodded. Percy grinned. Jason passed the note back, saying: my name's Jason.

Percy responded with, Jason the Grace? When Jason got the note, he chuckled.

"You wanna eat lunch with my friends and I?" Jason asked, in a low tone. Percy nodded. This is going great: one friend already.

After a long and boring class (except exchanging notes with Jason), Percy had his lunch period and followed Jason into the cafeteria, where his friends were already seated. There was a girl with braided brown hair and seemingly multicoloured eyes. She was sitting next to a small and scrawny guy with curly black hair (Hispanic?). A girl with short, choppy black hair, and the same eyes as Jason. A bulky Asian kid who looked like a baby-man (in a good way) was sitting beside a dark-skinned girl with golden eyes and curly brown hair, although she seemed younger than the rest of them.

"Guys, this is Percy Jackson," Jason said. They all said hi.

"I'm Piper," said the braided girl. "And this is Leo," she tapped the head of the scrawny kid. He complained but in a joking manner.

The girl with golden eyes said, "I'm Hazel."

Baby-man nodded and smiled. "I'm Frank."

"Thalia," the girl with choppy hair said, rather terrifying way. "I'm Jason's sister."

"Oh," Percy said. "Okay. Well, I'm Percy, it's really nice to meet you guys."

They all nodded or smiled. "Hey, where are Annabeth, Nico, and Reyna?" Jason asked.

Piper sighed. "You know that they have Chemistry and that Ms. Dodds never lets anyone leave until five minutes after the lunch bell." Jason nodded as if to say oh, right. Jason sat next to Piper and kissed her. Thank god he just did that, Percy thought, I was just about to hit on her.

Percy decided to sit next to Frank and began eating his lunch. That's when three figures came. Probably Nico, Annabelle, and Reya or whatever their names were. Percy took another bite and looked up.

He swallowed and his jaw dropped as he saw them. Well, particularly, the blonde. She was the one he had seen when he was playing poker on his phone.

Jason got up to introduce them. "Percy, this is Reyna"-pointed at the brunette who seemed pretty intimidating- "Nico"-he looked at the emo-looking kid who had pale skin and dark hair- "and this. here is Annabeth," he said, mentioning the blonde. "Guys, this is Percy." They all sat down and started eating, Annabeth in front of Percy, and Percy just couldn't take his eyes off of Annabeth. She was gorgeous. She kept glancing at him every so often and would blush.

"Looks like Percy has already taken a liking to someone," Leo joked, but Percy blushed anyway.

"Leo, do you remember when I told you that there was a new kid who moved next door to me yesterday?" Annabeth asked.

"The one you said was hot?" Leo asked. Annabeth and Percy blushed, but the rest of them just laughed. Annabeth nodded, causing them to laugh even more, and somehow make Percy even redder than he already was.

"This is him," Annabeth finished, blushing and not making eye-contact with anybody. Percy smiled at her, and everyone was singing; "Percy and Annabeth sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first come love, second comes marriage..."

Annabeth and Percy got up and walked out of the cafeteria together. Leo whistled, "NO MAKING OUT IN THE HALLS, YOU TWO!"

yes, i'm very immature.