chapter 10

After his chat with Annabeth, Percy couldn't help but find Luke and punch him in the face. Annabeth was supposed to be his girlfriend. His neighbour. His Wise Girl.

The next day, at school, Percy told Reyna that he didn't wanna fake it anymore because he didn't actually love her and he only saw her as a friend. In return, instead of losing his sensitive manly area, he simply got punched in the shoulder. Hard. But it was still better than getting his crotch kicked. And now, everyone knew that they'd been faking it so that he didn't have to deal with Nancy.

At lunch, Percy asked Annabeth at what time Luke finished school, and Annabeth said that he finished at 3:30 p.m. (15 minutes after them).

At the end of the day, Percy hurriedly took his stuff and packed his bag. He was about to leave the school premise but decided to ask if he could walk Annabeth home.

"Nah," Annabeth replied, "I'm walking over to Luke's school so that we could walk home together. He lives 3 blocks away from us."

Percy suddenly got an idea. "Can I tag along?"

Annabeth grinned. "Sure."

So, they decided on walking there together.

Since it was Friday, Jason's party was the next day; Saturday and Percy still needed the address. "Annabeth, you still have to send me Jason's address." Annabeth smiled, "I'd have to give you my number first." SO she did, they exchanged numbers, and Annabeth sent an 'invite' to Jason's party to Percy.

They spoke the entire time until they got there. Once they got to Luke's school, they waited outside until the final bell rang, and then Luke came out.

The look of jealousy on Luke's face was priceless. He couldn't have looked angrier. Luke asked through gritted teeth, "what are you doing here with Annabeth, Percy?"

Percy smirked. "I'm allowed to see my friend, aren't I?"

Luke nodded, but very sternly.  They started to walk home, all three of them, Luke's and Annabeth's hands intertwined, which pissed Percy some fucking much, that he actually stepped in between them, so that he could be in the middle, and to prevent them from being all lovey-: with each other.

Luke looked really pissed, but before he could say anything, Percy executed his plan. "So, Luke, our friend Jason is hosting a party tomorrow.  You wanna come?"

Luke took a second to think, then looked at Annabeth. "Will Annabeth be there?"

Annabeth smiled and nodded.

Finally, after an awkward silence, they arrived at Percy and Annabeth's home. Annabeth hugged Luke, "see you tomorrow at the party."

Luke smiled and waved by to them. Percy walked into his house.

5 minutes later, Percy received a text from Luke asking for the details about the party, and Percy obliged, and sent them to his... friend? Former friend? Percy didn't know what he and Luke were anymore. It was complicated, now that Annabeth was in the game.

Percy decided to text Annabeth.

P: why didnt u just kiss Luke

A: Why do you care?

P: just asking. i'm kinda curious why a seventeen-year-old girl wouldn't wanna say goodbye to her bf with a kiss

A: Well, I've never had my first kiss (please don't judge me).

P: dont worry, i've never had my first kiss either. but i know someone who had their first kiss in 1st grade!

A: Seriously?

P: yeah

P: so, anyway, why don't you have ur first kiss w/ Luke?

A: I don't know. I feel like I want it to be really special, you know, and right now, Luke and I... our relationship is kinda just beginning, you know?

P: yeah, i understand. i wanna have the same type of thing.

A: Well, it was nice talking to you, Seaweed Brain, but I gotta go.

P: back at you, Wise Girl.

A: Wasn't it Owl Face last time?

P: times change ;)

A: lol okay. Bye, Percy.

P: bye Annabeth.

Percy smiled to himself. So, Luke and Annabeth still haven't kissed. Thank god. Percy had to find a way to win Annabeth over, and that's when he decided he would get Luke drunk Jason's party so that his real intentions, good or bad, would come out. Luke was very honest when he was drunk, and Luke got drunk daily.