chapter 5

The entire time, Percy, Nico, Annabeth, and Hazel just walked around and chatted. They were having a really good time. Percy loved the company of a newly developed friend group.

His and Annabeth's eyes kept meeting, but they'd always look away. Even if her eyes were gray, they were somewhat beautiful. Fierce and soft, all at once.

They spoke about sports and music, and a bunch of shit like that. Percy wasn't used to talking to people. He was more of an introvert at his old school. He had one friend who, frankly, was kind of a jerk; Luke Castellan. He was just evil, that kid... always telling Percy what to do and when to do it. Kronos McAbee had done a lot of influencing on his amazing, and sweet friend, and now, he didn't even exist...Luke Castellan had been turned evil. No more humorous jokes, no more laughing at every small thing, no more sincere smiles, and no more kindness. Just anger, and hatred, and cruelty. Percy followed Luke after that because Luke was all that he had.

But that's the past and Percy couldn't waste any time on it.

Now he had better, nicer friends, and he was gonna enjoy it.

Finally, the bell rang, and they had to part ways. It was finally his free period! He had a free period with Annabeth, Jason, and Piper. So he and Annabeth went back to their lockers to put their things away, and since their lockers were far away, they decided to meet at the library.

When Percy was finished, he ran into Jason and Piper on his way to meet Annabeth.

"Oh, hey guys!" Percy said. "I'm meeting Annabeth at the library since it's our free period."

Piper nodded. "Sure, we'll come, but we have to bring our things to our locker first..."

"No problem, just meet us there, okay?" Percy asked.

"Sure thing, bro," Jason exclaimed as he smiled at Percy.

He continued to the library, where he told Annabeth that Jason and Piper would be coming to meet them, so they should wait. The silence between the two was unbearable. The only conversation they had was about Jason and Piper arriving, and even that had been sort of awkward. Percy seriously wanted to talk though but didn't know what to say...

Finally, Annabeth broke the ice, and said, "so, why did you decide to move?"

"Well, my mom found a new job here, and she wanted to get as far away as possible from her ex-husband, my old stepdad. So, yeah, we're here now..."

"Oh," she said, "well, I guess it's good that you moved then, right Seaweed Brain?"

Percy chuckled. "Right."

Thank God Jason and Piper walked in because Percy couldn't bear any more of that. Why was he so nervous in front of Annabeth anyway? She was just like any other girl, so why was he acting like this? He was never like this!

"Hope we didn't keep y'all waiting too long," Piper said.

Percy shook his head no. "So what do you guys wanna do?"

"Ooh, let's play truth or dare," Jason suggested. They all agreed and began playing.

"Okay, Annabeth, truth or dare?" Jason asked.

"Truth."

"Have you ever done something bad? Like, really bad?"

She nodded. "When I was 15, I stole a phone."

"Seriously?" Piper asked. "Look at this. Annabeth, the goody-two-shoes, committed a crime." Piper smiled, knowing that she had gotten under Annabeth's skin.

Annabeth turned red and said. "Okay, then Piper, you think your such a badass? Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

Annabeth pretended to think, but it was kinda obvious that already had something in mind. "Tell Jason about Dylan."

Piper's face drooped. Annabeth had obviously hit the spot there.

"Who Dylan?" Percy asked, oblivious, as usual.

"A guy at our school," Jason said. "So, Piper, what about Dylan?"

"Um..." Dam. Piper seemed nervous. "Do you remember Helena's party about a month ago?"

"The one I didn't go to because of my science project." Piper nodded, seeming kinda shameful. Percy knew where this was going, and Jason seemed to kinda know, too. Percy turned to Annabeth, who was looking guilty. She definitely felt bad for what she just did.

"Um, well, Piper lost a game of beer pong against him!" Annabeth quickly jumped in.

"What?" Jason asked. "You never lose at beer pong!" Piper smiled at Annabeth, and Annabeth returned it. Then Annabeth looked at Percy, and he nodded, telling her that he knew exactly what just happened.

Piper and Jason were laughing now. "Okay, okay," Piper managed to say in between laughs. "Percy, truth or dare."

Percy smiled. "Dare."

"Mmmmm," Piper said, pretending to think. "Kiss Annabeth."