chapter 12

Percy didn't plan on seeing Annabeth until Monday at school (today). After he showed her the proof, she didn't answer. But it did say that it had been read. Jason told Percy that Piper said that Annabeth showed Luke the video, and broke up with him. Percy felt good about getting rid of such a toxic person, but he felt bad about hurting Annabeth.

After he brushed his teeth, got dressed and took a shower, he ate breakfast with his mom and got on the city bus. In 20 minutes he would see Annabeth at school since her dad drove her. (She'd been harassed by pervs on buses as a kid.)

He was nervous. Would she hate him for it, or would she thank him?

-time-skip-to-when-he-gets-to-school-

Percy really had to pee. He'd been holding it in for 10 minutes and couldn't wait anymore.

He ran to the bathroom, clutching his crotch. He opened the door and saw two very familiar people making out. Percy watched for a full minute before interrupting. "Nico? Will?"

Both boys got off each other, stuttering, and turning red.

"Um," Nico began, "we, um, we were, uh-"

"FINALLY!" Percy screamed, throwing his hands up, surprising them both. "Took you two long enough."

Will scratched the back of his head. "What do you mean 'finally'?

Percy rolled his eyes. "You did realize how obvious you two were being since I introduced Will to our group, right?"

When Nico and Will turned red, Percy laughed.

"I have to go take a wiz, so if you'll excuse me..." Percy rushed to one of the urinals and pulled his pants down. He looked behind him. "I'd be grateful if you didn't watch."

"Sorry," Will muttered, as he took Nico's hand and led him outta the room, Nico cursing himself in Italian.

After taking his little 'break', Percy got to his first class, which he had with Annabeth.

When he saw her, he asked her how she was doing.

"Fine," she said.

Apparently, according to the girl code, 'fine' meant 'not fine'. Percy sighed. Women were complex.

Percy grabbed her arm gently just as she was about to turn around. "You can talk to me, Wise Girl. You know that, right?"

Annabeth whimpered. "Yeah, okay," she said quietly. "But not now. Not here."

Percy nodded. He understood. "Okay." They each went to their desks.

-time-skip-to-lunch-

Annabeth wasn't there. She texted saying that she'd be eating lunch at home. Once Percy explained that to the group, a certain sadness came over the group.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him," Thalia stated. "He's gonna lose his fucking crotch." Percy hoped she would actually do it.

"So..." Percy said, realizing that Nico and Will weren't there. He wondered why ;). He smiled, trying to enlighten the mood. "I saw Nico and Will making out in the bathroom this morning."

Piper's jaw dropped. "Seriously?"

"Yes."

"Oh. My. GOD! YES! FINALLY!" Piper screamed. "Solangelo is canon!"

Everyone started talking about the subject.

When Nico and Will came back, Percy thought he spotted a little purple mark on Will's neck, but he was sure he'd just imagined it.

"Solangelo say what," Frank said.

"What?" Will and Nico said simultaneously, causing everyone to laugh.

"Nevermind." Frank smiled.

"So," Jason said, grinning. "Nico and Will, huh?"

Nico turned and glared at Percy. "You. Did. Not."

Percy stifled a laugh. "Yes. I. did."

Nico jumped on Percy, attempting to possibly kill him. Will got Nico off Percy before he could do any real damage, Percy still laughing.

DING!

Percy must have gotten a notification. He checked his phone.

It was from Annabeth. Meet me outside the school. In the back.

Percy put his phone back in his pocket. "I gotta go, guys."

Percy got his jacket, being as it was a cold February day, and went outside, leaving his friends to eat lunch, and discuss Solangelo.

*tears up* my solangelo babies-