chapter 17

Percy decided to drive Annabeth to school the next day with his mom's car (he'd gotten her permission, of course). He honestly hoped that he wasn't being cheesy or anything by bringing her to school.

When she saw him, however, a huge smile illuminated her face.

"Well, this is nice," she said pleasantly. Percy shrugged and unlocked the doors so that Annabeth could enter the passenger seat.

She kissed his cheek, leaving a reddish tint to both of their faces.

-time-skip-to-when-they-get-to-school-

"We're really early," Percy stated. "Should we wait?"

"No," Annabeth answered. "I usually just enter from the back."

And so, the newly made couple (to soon to give labels?) walked around the back of the school and saw...

"THALIA?" Annabeth yelled.

"LUKE?" Percy said at the same time.

Thalia and Luke took their lips off each others faces and got off each other.

Annabeth began to run away and would've succeeded if not for Thalia grabbing her arm.

Percy punched Luke. "YOU ASSHOLE!" It felt good to finally do that.

Percy took Annabeth's arm and brought her next to him. Luke did the same with Thalia, doing it with a bloody nose, of course.

A tear streamed down Annabeth's face. "How long?" she mutterterd, her voice barely audible.

"What?" Thalia asked, politely, but shyly.

"How long?" Annabeth repeated, louder this time.

Thalia said something under her breath that none of them heard.

"What?" Percy demanded impatiently.

"It's been a month and a half," Luke admitted.

Annabeth shook her head. "That's impossible. We broke up about a month ago."

Thalia nodded, a tear falling from her eye. "Exactly."

Annabeth fell to the ground, she seemed unable to function under the words that were just liberated from her mouth. "No," she whispered. "No," she said again, getting louder. "No. No. NO."

She started really crying now. Percy sent a glare to both of the seniors. "You guys are both terrible people."

Annabeth began hyperventilating as soon as Luke and Thalia ran off. "Shh, it's ok," Percy began, "I'm right here. I'm right here."

Tears just kept streaming down Annabeth's face as she slowly lowered herself to the ground, looking blankly at the ground under their feet, sitting on the thin layer of snow that had formed in the winter weather.

"They- she- she was like a sister to me. How- how could she?" Annabeth asked no one in particular, as she continued crying.

Percy sat next to her, his ass feeling the small shock of the cold ground, and wrapped his arms around her; a big bear hug.

"It's ok, Wise girl, it's-"

"Stop saying that!" she yelled as she loosened herself from his grip. "It's not okay. Can't you get that? Can't you just look at my perspective for once? Just because you're my new 'boyfriend' or whatever, it doesn't mean that hearing that my ex was cheating on me with one of my best friends!"

"You know that that's not what I meant," Percy said defensively.

"This... this thing that you and I have, it won't work. I'm not ready; I thought I was, but I was obviously wrong. I can't deal with this right now. I can't deal with you."

Percy's eyes widened, disbelieving. "Annabeth-"

"Go away, Percy," she said. 

"But-"

"Go away!" she yelled at him, glaring.

Percy walked away, letting out a sigh of disbelieve and sorrow at once, both wanting to tear his brains out and to search for Thalia and Luke and give them what they deserve for hurting Annabeth.

He knew Annabeth was just mad. He knew that she'd recover from this, and soon she'd forgive him, and maybe even Thalia. So he'd wait for her. No matter how long it took. But for now, he'd keep his distance, and that'll have to work.

okay, so i know that thalia would NEVER EVER do this to sweet, sweet annabeth, but i needed to find a character to do the job so that the story would work, and well, hazel is with frank, piper with jason, and reyna, well, she's reyna. Also, it had to be one of annabeth's friends so that she'd end up being torn from the inside out, and break up with percy