Gotcha

The cool, crisp spring morning air sent shivers down your spine as you stretched "alright girl, where shall we go today?" You ask Mystique, your night fury, pure black with bright blue scales going all the way down her back and tail and piercing yellow eyes, she tilts her head at you "no idea again eh?" You chuckle as you climb onto her back. It was just the two of you against the world. Not that you were complaining, dragons were better than Vikings anyway. All Viking's did was attack them and that wasn't who you were. You didn't class yourself as a Viking, just a simple girl. You left your island 6 months ago and was already much happier, you were both free. You were a lone wolf, the thought of attachment scared you. You weren't close to your parents but you still tried to love them but they were more interested in your younger brother. He was perfect, everything they wanted in a child. you could never say or do anything right. Those people would never understand that dragons were amazing creatures. No amount of talking would change their minds,  As you got older you shut out their beliefs more, one being that dragons were the devils pets, raised from the depths of hell to kill. it was ridiculous. If they knew about Mystique they would kill her so one night you left a note on your bed, took off with Mystique and never looked back. Now here you were. 21, exploring the world with your best friend.

You shake your head of those thoughts,. After flying around for a few hours, you find an island to land on "I really should make you a saddle." you chuckle as you slide off Mystiques back, she coos "people will think you're wild." You scratch behind her ear, making her blue scales glow. Her scales change depending on her mood, if she's happy they glow along her back and down her tail, but if she's angry, scared or threatened the glow gets even brighter, travelling down the sides of her face, illuminating her mouth to warn enemies off. A dragon to have glowing scales was rare, but a night fury was even more so. Only a small amount of dragons are born with this ability. You believed they were gifted.
After short rest, The two of you glide back into the sky, the warm sun rays hitting your back, along with the cool spring air dancing against your skin made you so relaxed. Suddenly it went cold, looking up, a larger dragon was flying by you, it looked over and roared, swerving its long tail swiping at you, Mystique tried to dodge but it whacked you, knocking you off your dragons back, sending you plummeting to the Rocky plains below, you screamed bloody murder, forcing your eyes shut as you braced yourself for the impact.

"Gotcha!" Arms suddenly wrapped around you, peeking your eyes open, you were still in the air but on another dragons back, same colour as Mystique, looking up someone was holding onto you, they were wearing a helmet to cover their face, short auburn hair sticking out from the bottom of the helmet, as the mysterious dragon started to dive down you wrap your arms around the strangers waist, holding on for your life closing your eyes again, probably choking the air out of the rider.
A small jolt makes you peek your eyes open again, you had landed, still in shock you forgot you were clinging to some random person. When realisation hit, you immediately freak out, rolling backwards falling onto the grass with a loud thud "ah, fucking hell!" You curse, a large pair of green eyes stare you down making you scream and back away, shuffling your butt along the grass. It looked just like Mystique. Was it another night fury? you were speechless.
The rider makes a click noise before sliding off the dragons back patting its side, it coos in response then shakes and stretches, looking the stranger up and down you notice they had a prosthetic leg, they take a step closer making you shuffle back more. The rider immediately stops and stares at you for a few seconds "are you alright?" A male voice asks, you don't reply, you can't find any words.
"It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." The voice says. You still don't speak. The rider lifts their helmet to reveal a young man, his fluffy hair sticking up in different directions, bright forest green eyes matching his dragons "here." He holds a hand out, you hesitantly take it, he pulls you up onto your feet, you immediately backing away after. He was slightly taller than you, slight stubble, small thin lips "are you okay though? That swinger smacked you pretty hard with it's tail." The man says with a conerned look "I uh." You mumble "I'm fine...thanks." rubbing your arm awkwardly the man looks you up and down again, you finally lock eyes with him, neither of you speak, a roar snaps you out your trance, Mystique flies down landing between you snarling, her scales glowing up. The mans mouth drops "another night fury...with glowing scales!" He yells, mystique snarls louder, then the mans night fury charges over wrapping himself around him, arching his back. The two dragons growl at eachother "hey bud, it's alright. She's a friend." He pets the dragon again, it instantly stops snarling, pupils dilating. Curiously walking towards you. Mystiques scales glow even more, lighting up her mouth as she gets more defensive "mystique, calm." You whisper. She stops and lets the curious dragon sniff her. Suddenly gummy smiling and bouncing around her, wanting to play to which she quickly agrees to. The two of them run up the grass, leaving you and this guy stood there, alone.

"So." He begins "my name is Hiccup Haddock, what's yours?" You bite your lip "(Y/N)" you mutter, the corner of his mouth twitches up into a smile "very nice to meet you (y/n)" he says charmingly "well thank you, Hiccup, but I have to go now, Mystique!" You call your dragon but she doesn't come, you sigh loudly "mystique, come on!"
"Mystique? That's a nice name." Hiccup says "what's yours called?" You ask "toothless."
"Toothless?"
"Yes, Toothless."
"Oh, the retractable teeth, I get it." You giggle, he walks a bit closer, making you uneasy "is your home far?" He asks "I don't have a home." You reply bluntly, his eyes widen "I left, full of nasty evil Vikings who only wanted to kill dragons, they're horrible people." You spit "aren't you a Viking?" Hiccup raises an eyebrow "no, never one of them."
"One of me?" He questions, you freeze "y-you're a Viking?" He nods "we aren't all bad y'know." He says with a smirk "my village, they're just." He stops you "I get it, mine used to be like that 6 years ago."
Silence.
"Look, I noticed you don't have a saddle, I would like to offer to make one for you if you'll come back to my village with me." Hiccup says, you gawk at him "and why should I trust you?"
"I did save your life."
"Yeah, to capture me and make me your slave."
Hiccup starts laughing "oh my god, never. If I wanted to capture you I would have done it by now!" You frown at him, he had a point, but he didn't need to know that.
"I really appreciate the offer but I can't." His face falls "why not?" You bite your lip "I'm not comfortable around people and just rocking up, grabbing a saddle then darting away again is rude." You say with shame, Hiccup takes a few steps closer, resting his fingers under you chin lifting your head gently "you're welcome for as long as you want." He says with a very serious look. You gaze at him, taking in all his features, he was a good looking lad. your cheeks were burning but you couldn't look away.
"You may not like Viking's, and you have your reasons which I respect but I care for all good people and I want you to be safe on your travels, so please. Let me help you." Your eyes widen "how do you know I'm even good?" He smiles at your question "I just know." He puts his helmet back on and whistles. Toothless comes bundling over, smacking his owner to the floor, drowning him in slobber, you couldn't hold back your giggles, the dragon stops, turns to you giving you a mischievous look "don't you dare." You warn, backing up, Toothless jumps off Hiccup, charging you. now you were covered in spit "thanks." You mutter, Toothless lets out a pleased noise, Mystique joining in "thanks for the help," you glare at your dragon, she tilts her head innocently.
"So (y/n), will you join me?" Hiccup holds his hand out "okay. I'll ride my own dragon though, thanks." He retracts his hand awkwardly, like he forgot mystique existed "oh, yeah...sorry." He was quite funny when he stuttered, you hop onto your dragon "lead the way." You call, he lifts part of his helmet and smiles at you. That smile. Dear god. "To Berk."