What a day

It was early....really fucking early. You were sat crossed leg on your bed sulking to yourself. You couldn't sleep but you weren't sure why. Your head was racing yet you couldn't pin points on the reasons. You sigh loudly and flop down onto the pillow, starring at the ceiling. After a few moments of silence you sit up again and crawl out of bed, opening your door and tip toeing down the hall, you stop at Hiccups door, which was slightly open. You peer through the small gap, he was passed out. Curled up in his sheets. Kinda cute.
You wanted to wake him but at the same time you knew you'd just feel guilty about it. He was a busy guy after all. You couldn't help but stare at him for a few moments, his messy hair, cheek squished against the pillow, lips parted, his slow heavy breathing echoing around the room. You bite your lip and shut the door fully before walking down the stairs and outside.

You venture out into the forest, birds chirping, the smell of oak filling your nostrils, it was a beautiful morning. After wondering for a while you realised you were at the edge of the island. Gazing out at the ocean you take a deep breath. The sound of the waves crashing against the cliff was kind of relaxing, you plop down onto the grass and watch the sunrise. Memories of your childhood flooding back, when every morning you would get up early to watch the sunrise like this. It took away the loneliness you had in your heart.
You weren't sure how long you were sat there for, a passing dragon snaps you out of your thoughts, it glides smoothly over you. You gaze at it, watching it circle above you for a few seconds before flying away. A familiar call catches your attention, Mystique lands on the grass with a thump then runs over, tongue hanging out of her mouth "oh god." You mumble, she attacks you with licks "ok ok, stop." You laugh, she sits back "tracked me down, eh?" You giggle, she smiles "you want to go for a fly don't you?" As soon as you say the word fly, the pounces up, pacing back and forth, jumping around, you roll your eyes "stand still then." She instantly freezes "you don't have your saddle on so you've got to be careful, alright?" You warn her as you wriggle on, she coos, spreading her wings and taking off into the air.
For a while the two of you glide happily through the sky, these moments were your favourite. Just you and your best friend. You look down and notice a ship, it didn't look like a trading ship. You hear a faint "fire!" Suddenly arrows start flying up at you, Mystique quickly tries to dodge them, ducking and swerving as the seemingly never ending wall of arrows zoom at you. A sudden pressure in your arm causes you to scream. An arrow had got you. Buried deep into your skin "come on, girl. Faster." Mystique fires a blast at the ship, through the smoke a large net comes flying up "Mystique, look out!" You yell, she quickly darts to the side, flying as fast as she could away from that ship. After a while You can finally see Berk in the distance. Your arm throbbing, blood firing out the wound as the wind blew against it. You forcefully rip one of your long sleeves off, trying to wrap it above where the arrow was imbedded. Although it wasn't easy with one hand and the wind causing it to flap violently. A group of monstrous Nightmares suddenly appear, flying up awards, cutting Mystique off, making her body raise as she suddenly stops, you slip down her back, falling towards the ocean, screaming for your dragon.
A powerful shock shoots through your body as you hit the ice water, your arm hurt too much to try and force your arms to push you swim, you could see yourself sinking lower, panic setting in. The salt in the water stinging your eyes, suddenly you hear a faint crash in the water. through your blurred vision Mystique dives towards you grabbing onto the back of your shirt with her mouth, pulling you up to the surface, she struggles to get back into the air with the weight of the water on her wings, she gently moves you to her back and begins paddling for land.
She gently pushes you up onto the sand, shaking herself, you couldn't move, the force of the water had moved the arrow blade under your skin so it was at an even more awkward angle, Mystique carefully picks you up by your collar again and quickly flies back to the house.
She lowers you gently, your legs instantly collapsing as your feet touch the floor, She runs to the door, scratching at it. Valka opens it "mystique?" She stares at the dragon with wide eyes then notices you, Toothless comes over the immediately runs the other way "oh my god!" Valks runs over, pulling your soaking body onto her lap "what happened to you?" She pushes your wet hair out of your face "come on dear." She wraps an arm around you, helping you to your feet and into the house.
"Alright, now I need you to stay very still." Valka instructs as she finishes tying a cloth very tightly round your arm "it's to restrict blood flow." She says reassuringly "ok, I'm going to count to three....one...two...three!" The pulls the arrow making it fly out, you scream at the sting, more blood seeping down your arm "I know." She whispers taking a wet cloth from a bucket and starts gently washing the area.
The door suddenly flies open "mum, why did Toothless fling me onto his back and carry me here?" Hiccup asks. Panic in his voice, he looks at you, his face dropping "what the hell happened?" He yells running to your side "not now, Hiccup, go get some blankets and dry clothes."
"But."
"Hiccup!" She snaps, he nods and disappears then comes back "hold his cloth against the wound while I try and get something warm On her and don't let her lower her arm." Valka says, Hiccup nods taking your throbbing arm, pressing the cloth making you hiss "sorry." He whispers.
Valka wraps some blankets around you, bandages up your arm then moves you to a chair closer to the fire, you sit in silence, holding onto a cup of warm yak milk, starring into nothing. "(Y/n)" Valka says softly crouching in front of you "what happened?" You don't respond, she takes one of your hands "me and Mystique were just flying when we saw a ship. As soon as I noticed it, they started shooting arrows as us. One hit me...we got away. Then a group of Montrous nightmares appeared out of nowhere, Startling Mystique, she stopped suddenly, I was trying to wrap my ripped sleeve above the wound and I fell backwards and into the water."
Hiccup and Valka look at eachother "Mytique pulled me up to the surface and swam me back to shore...and carried me here." You feel more tears well up in your eyes as you spoke "Is she okay?" You ask, finally looking up "she's fine. Toothless is with her." Hiccup replies, Valka stands back up and turns to him "look after her today, don't worry about chief duties. I'll sort that. She needs you." She places her hand on his shoulder, he nods. She looks at you "try and get some rest, I'll pick up something to help with the pain later okay?" She smiles and leaves.
"What a day." You sigh "not even noon yet." Hiccup says biting back a smile "I didn't go to sleep last night." You mumble, Hiccup raises an eyebrow at you "I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk, watched the sunrise, Mystique found me and we went for a fly then...boom." You shiver slightly "is something on your mind?" Hiccup asks "yeah, but I can't quite grasp what it is."
Hiccup let's out a long sigh "our minds are weird things." You look at him and smile "I'm sure yours is Normal compared to mine."
"Anyway, you better go back, people are waiting for you." You say, flapping your hand at him "uh uh, you heard my mum, I'm staying with you. She can handle it. Besides. You're too important to me." He quickly covers his mouth with hand and blushes, you grin taking his hand and whispering "you're important to me too."
Hiccup can't hold back the huge smile as he pulls you into a hug, you clutch onto him "you're the bestest friend I could ever ask for." You feel him slightly tense at your words, you knew he had feelings for you and it was scary. Someone loving you, giving you attention. It was hard for you to accept you even deserved it.
You pull back and gaze deep into his eyes "i think I've figured everything out. Almost." You whisper, he nods and gently takes your hand "I think you nearly have as well." His voice was soft and soothing. You suddenly yawn loudly "sleep time for you," he laughs, helping you up, and laying you on the sofa "sleep well." He whispers, you grab his sleeve and look at him, you didn't have to say anything, he knew. he reaches over and picks a blanket up off the floor, spreading it out over you before sitting beside you "go to sleep." He whispers watching you fight to keep your eyes open. You didn't want to sleep, Hiccup shuffles closer humming softly as he slowly ran his fingers through your hair, massaging your scalp. You couldn't fight it any longer, sleep quickly took over your exhausted body.