Toby

After those words left your lips you quickly stood up and walked home, leaving everyone else sat in a stunned silence, you shut yourself into the spare room, sitting on the bed in complete silence. You couldn't process anything. Scratching on the door meant Mystique was the other side, you quickly let her in. She instantly picked up that something was wrong. You weren't crying but your face was emotionless, eyes dim, you didn't say a word to her and she seemed to immediately know. The two of you curl up in the corner of the room, granted, she wasn't very warm but you didn't care, you just needed her to hold onto to, she purred softly against you, whenever you were upset she would do this and it always sent waves of calm through you.
A knock on the door alerts you both, you knew immediately who it was but you don't respond, mystique looks at you with wide eyes and coos softly, you shake your head and bury it against her again, sighing deeply. She looks back at the door sadly.
No response gave Hiccup the answer he needed. You wanted to be alone with Mystique. He runs a hand through his hair looking down at the letter again. His mind wondering to Toby, the lad was only 19 and with his parents gone, he was about to be given the role of the new chief, just like Hiccup was. He was no doubt really distraught as well. He needed you, and you really needed him.

Tbe next day you still hadn't emerged from the room, it was mid afternoon. Mystique walked in and out for food and a fly but she never left you for more than half an hour. You were mentally vulnerable and she wanted nothing more than to protect and comfort you. She pushes the door open and closes it behind her with her tail, you look at her and see something in her mouth, confused you raise an eyebrow, she drops the item and pushes it forward with her snout. It was one of Hiccup's spare legs "why did you bring that in here?" You ask, she groans sadly in response, nudging the leg again, looks at the door then back at you, giving you a single nod.
You rest the leg on your lap and sigh, starring at it for a few moments before putting it beside you. Mystique eyes you carefully, you tuck your legs back up to your chest, resting your chin on your knees looking at your dragon tiredly. You knew exactly what she was trying to say and she was right. You give her a sad smile and she quickly leaves the room again, you hear her stumbling down the stairs and out the front door.
She practically drags Hiccup back to the house, much to his confusion, he was in the middle of a meeting when she barges in and nudges him knocking him to the floor by accident. She quickly picks him up again and begins pushing him out of the doors.
Taking a deep breath, Hiccup pushes the door to the spare room open, his eyes fall onto you immediately feeling a tug in his heart. You gaze up at him standing there. A small squeak leaves your mouth making him snap out of his stare and quickly run over, falling to his knees engulfing you into a tight hug "I'm so...so sorry." He whispers, your fingers dig into the fabric of his tunic, still not saying anything. After a few minutes he pulls away and pushes the hair from your face, he knew you weren't ready to talk.

You slowly open your eyes groggily, you were still curled up on the floor, leaning against Hiccup. Looking up you notice him sitting in silence still holding onto you, seemingly to be deep in thought. You slowly lift your hand and rest it on his thigh, he looks down and smiles sadly "how you feeling?" He asks softly "shit." Was all you could think to say, he nods "I know, listen, it's going to be hard, but I think we should go back to your village. I know Toby needs you right now, and you need him."
You sigh softly "yeah, but I'll go alone. You have too much to do here." He tightens his grip around you "no, you've just received shattering news. I'm not letting you go through this alone. Your parents trusted me to take care of you and I swore to them I would always keep my promise. And I always intend to do that for life and beyond."
His words made your heart flutter, you continue to stare at him. His face softens, he moves one of his hands from around your shoulder to the back of your head, pressing a gentle kiss to your forehead before pressing his to yours. You hadn't shed a single tear yet which was a bit odd since you were a pretty emotional person.