Catapult's and soup

"Uh you know what? I'm not so sure about this." Snotlout gulps "don't be a wuss snotboy, it's totally safe!" Ruffnut yells, ironically making the rest of us stand a good distance away "and how many times have you said that and for it to actually be true?" You call "many of times! Have faith in us young one!" The twins wind up their contraction, they had made some sort of 'special and unique." Catapult. You never understood how they always talked Snotlout into being their guinea pig. You cross your arms over your chest, this would be pretty interesting. Fishlegs face palms as it clicks into place "three....two....uh...."
"Get on with it!" Snotlout bellows "FIRE!" They release the catapult sending Snotlout flying towards the hay stack.
"So what's to so special and unique about this?" You ask the twins who back up towards you watching with joy "wait and see." Tuffnut replies not taking his eyes off Snotlout.
He flies past the hay stack and straight into a wall. You wince as he starfishes into it "there we go!" The twins laugh "you never know how far it's going to fling you!" They high Five, Snotlout falls to the floor.
You run over to him "Are you alright?" You stare down at him "mummy, I'm hungry." He groans "well, he's out." Fishlegs sighs "you two did that on purpose didn't you?"
"Duh." Ruffnut replies slowly "it wasn't a lie that we needed to test it though." They both shrug "we better get him some ice." You say trying to lift the drowsy boy up "since it was your idea, you two go get it." You turn to the twins "why? Let him face it like a man!" Tuffnut yells punching his fist into the air "like a man!" Ruffnut echoes, you glare at them "okay okay. Killjoy." Ruffnut groans "no fun."
You roll your eyes, Snotlout lifts his head, eyes rolling around "are we at the park yet?" He asks before flopping his head back down.

"Why do I always agree to your stupid ideas?" Snoulout sighs, huge ice pack pressed against this face "I wonder as well." You reply "at least we know it works." Ruffnut muffles with a mouthful of chicken. "God I'm bruised everywhere." Snotlout let's out a dramatic groan "you agreed to fly that thing, no sympathy from me." Fishlegs chirps, earning a glare from the dark haired boy "hey, they promised it would be safe!"
"We know that is never true, yet you once again being the gullible fool you are, went ahead with it."
"Shut up fish face!"
Fishlegs rolls his eyes and continues reading his book "you know, roll your eyes too much they will get stuck in a permanent upwards position." Fishlegs peers over the top of his book glaring at Tuffnut "says who?" He asks "it's a fact, Fishy, duh!" Ruffnut buts in "yeah, and we thought you were the smart one." Both twins laugh, Fishlegs just stares at them, you scoot closer to him whispering "y'know. I've actually heard it's true."
Fishlegs give you an 'are you serious?' Look "see? Common. Knowledge." Tuffnut says sticking his finger in the air. You shrug at Fishlegs "my mum always told me the same thing when I gave her attitude."
Fishlegs looks at you for a few seconds then down to see your arms were touching, a deep blush paints his cheeks, you raise an eyebrow at him "are you okay?" Everyone looks at him "uh, yeah I'm fine. I Uh. I need to...give Meatlug a bath. Yes!" He quickly stands up and runs out of the hall.
"Since when did he bathe Meatlug? That dragon stinks worse than Ruffnut. And boy let me tell you, my sister puts yak dung to shame." Tuffnut snorts "hey!" Ruffnut grabs his head slamming his face against the table "you ain't no rose!"
You open the door to Hiccups house, sluggishly walking up the stairs to his room. He was sat at his desk, drawing away.
"Should you be out of bed?" He jumps at your words, dropping his pencil "(y/n) don't sneak up on me!" He pouts, you giggle and walk over to him picking the pencil up "feeling better eh?" You rub the top of his head, giving his bed hair some extra volume "stop it!" He swats your hand away "you're in a funny mood." He says "been watching Snotlout slam into a wall, the twins were testing a new catapult they'd made." He closes his book "well that explains it." He lets out a small laugh then yawns "how long have you been up?" You ask "not long, I actually felt like I had some energy but I guess drawing takes more energy than I ever thought." He sighs, you help him back up and into bed.
"Well it's an improvement." You say, draping the cover over him. He rests his linked hands on his stomach, you sit beside him and sigh softly "is everything okay?" He asks, immediately noticing your change in mood "Fishlegs was weird earlier," you reply, he raises an eyebrow "how so?"
"I duno I scooter closer to him to whisper something and when he noticed our arms touching he suddenly went red and excused himself." You scratch the back of your head "Fishlegs can be awkward sometimes, don't think anything of it." He chuckles "you didn't see him. He said he was going to give Meatlug a bath! Tuffnut said he never does that." Hiccup stiffened as you spoke "but like you said, don't think anything." You shrug and stand back up, Hiccup grabs your arm "I wish I could have been with you." He grumbles, you couldn't help but laugh "oh Hiccup no need to get jealous, Fishlegs is not my type."
He frowns more "you are alike, maybe he likes you." You gawk at him "I don't want him and you."
"Excuse me?" You interrupt flinching your arm away "you think I'd do that? Who do you think I am? Someone who is having a piece of each guy here?" You stomp to the door "no, I didn't mean that, sorry it came out wrong!" You stop and look over your shoulder "just go back to sleep, Hiccup. You need to get better. I'm going back out. Don't worry I'm not going to see anyone. I'm going to fly Toothless for you." And with that you leave.
Hiccup sighs in frustration, he really didn't think about what he was saying. Sometimes it just flies out his mouth. Too exhausted he quickly falls asleep again.
"I mean, can you believe he said that?" You rant, Toothless groans from underneath you, Mystique flying beside you "he thinks I'm the village slut doesn't he? Oh Fishlegs blushes at me, let's jump into bed together!" You'd been ranting for 10 minutes, Toothless and Mystique look at eachother, she shakes her head and mumbles to him (in dragon) "just let her get it out. She'll shut up soon enough."
You let out a loud sigh and lean forward laying on Toothless "I overreacted didn't i?" You question to him to which he snorts "yeah, I know." Mystique gently nudges you with her wing and coos. You flew for a few hours before Mystique starts groaning at you, a distinctive groan which meant she was getting hungry. You fly back to Berk, feed the dragons and head to the hall to find Gobber "hello Lass! How's chief doing?" He asks "is that all people talk to me for? Asking about Hiccup?" You snap "woah, sorry!" He looks away awkwardly "no, I'm sorry. I'm just feeling frustrated today." He pats your shoulder "one of those days eh?" You nod "I just want him to get better. I know he's fed up of feeling crap. Don't even know why I'm playing victim." You huff, Gobber chuckles "I mean, you do have to put up with him."
You couldn't hold back a small giggle "he's not that bad. Maybe I'm frustrated for him. I care about him. Knowing he's sick and unhappy grinds my gears, especially as I can't even do anything to help him. Which is why I came looking for You." You say "oh, what do you need me for?"
"Well Valka told me Hiccup mentioned a soup to her that Stoick used to make for him whenever he was sick as a kid and he loved it. I was wondering if you remember how to make it? Something to cheer him up?" Gobber scratches his chin then flings his finger up "Ah yes, made it for him a few times myself! I have the recipe somewhere at home! Come on lass!"

You take notes of the recipe, grab the things you need and hurry back home. Valka was there "hello dear." She says with her always warming smile "hey!" You huff, out of breath from running "you alright?" She asks, face going for happy to worried "yeah. Sorry, been running. I just got an old recipe from Gobber. It's that soup you said Hiccup told you about. The one Stoick used to make for him when he was younger." Valkas face lights up again "Gobber had the recipe? Well it does make sense as Hiccup said he babysat him a lot when Stoick was busy." She chuckles "yeah and I was thinking we could make it for him, cheer him up, I know he's pretty defeated at the moment with this fever." You exclaim then cover your mouth remembering he was probably sleeping and you didn't want to wake him yet "that's a brilliant idea, let's do it!"
The two of you happily cut up the ingredients together, talking the whole time, Valka explained about how she was taken away by Cloudjumper when Hiccup was just a baby and how they were reunited and life after she came back to Berk "I still fix his hair for him sometimes if it's extra messy in the mornings, much to his annoyance." She chuckles "I still see him as my baby. I missed out on so much of his life. Having him back. It means the world to me, but I know he's grown up." You nod "I know my parents would never be like that. They probably don't care that I'm gone." You bite your lip "oh (y/n)." Valka sighs softly "forget them. Your family is here now. If you were my daughter I would never treat you the way they did." She rests her hand on top of yours and smiles "thank you, Valka. Hiccup is so lucky to have you." You look down "you never know, one day maybe you'll call me mother in law." She laughs making your cheeks flush "yes, a mother always knows. I can see the connection between you two, didn't take long to get Hiccup to confess as well." She says with a smirk. You felt like you were going burst into flames you were blushing so hard "now, the soup is done. Up you go." She hands you the bowl and a cup of water, shooing you up the stairs, still chuckling.

"Hiccup?" You gently shake his shoulders, he sighs and turns over, unaware of who was there. As soon as his eyes fix onto you he begins trying to speak "I'm so *cough* sorry I didn't mean." You Shut him up pressing your lips to his, you swear you can feel the relief radiate off his body "I overreacted. I'm the one who's sorry." You whisper and kiss him again "now let's chuck that under the rug shall we? I have a surprise for you." You beam, helping him sit up. He sniffs a few times "wait. That smell. Why do I recognise it?" He scrunches his nose up as he tries to think making you giggle "because." You say, moving the bowl into view "I spoke to Gobber, I know your dad used to make this soup just for when you were unwell and how much you loved it so..." Hiccups mouth falls open as he gawks at the bowl "it probably won't be the amazing quality your dad made but I thought it would cheer you up and."
His hand brushes your arm making you stop the smile on his face radiated pure happiness "(y/n) it looks and smells perfect." You blush again and place the bowl onto his lap, he takes a small spoonful then leans his head back and sighs contently. He then whispers "it's perfect."

After he had finished the soup and drunk some water he began to get sleepy again, you climbed in with him laying on his chest "that soup always made my belly warm and happy. I feel like a kid again!" He chuckles patting his stomach, you roll your eyes smiling "honestly, thank you so much. It brought back such happy memories. Minus the being sick Part." He squeezes you gently "don't forget to thank your mum too, she helped."
"Oh I will." He says through a loud long yawn. He snuggles his cheek against the top of your head.
"Hey (y/n)?"
"Yes?"
"I love you."
"I love you too, Hiccup."