Breathe

Sorry this took so long to publish, been busy with work. I started typing this chapter pretty much as soon as I'd published the last one back in August, but I had what felt like a permanent writers block with this chapter about half way through typing it. I'd been sitting with it up on my screen with not idea what to type. But an idea finally brewed and here it is!

——————

"Alright Lass. You're okay. Just try and relax." Gobber says soothingly, rubbing up and down your back as your chest finally loosened "ye had us scared there!" He looks over at the twins whom were stood in silence, guilt plastered on their faces "I take it no one told you two about yesterday?" He questions, they both shake their heads "we swear we didn't know, we wouldn't have scared her if we did!" Tunnfut exclaims.
"We? You're the one who screamed at her!"
"And you were in on it, sister. Don't try and wiggle your way out of this!"
"Guys." They pause and turn to you "it's alright. I'm not mad." You smile weakly at them. They both sigh in relief "thank Thor! You always were a good per"

"Ruffnut! Tuffnut!" The twins wince "Uh oh." Ruffnut gulps "what the hell did you two think you were doing?" Hiccup storms in, sitting down next to you, checking you over then looking at them. "you could have killed her!"
"Hiccup."
"Hey, we said we were sorry! It's not our fault no one told us what happened and that she's having breathing problems!" Tuffnut defends "why are you even dressed like that?" Hiccup points at the two of them "what...why? I can't wrap my head around...this!"
"Hiccup...."
"Well since you came up with this rather clever scales suit, we've been decorating ours and making them extra scary (y/n) happened to be around so we wanted to test if it was scary enough." Tuffnut explains "well you clearly got your result." Hiccup snarls "you can't go round scaring people like that! (Y/n) especially!"
"Hiccup!" He finally looks to you "they didn't know about yesterday, please don't be angry at them." You say softly, he tugs his bottom lip in between his teeth, eyebrows furrowed. He stands up and closes his eyes letting out a deep sigh before turning to the twins "I'm sorry guys." They both grin "all good my friend, you're just protective of your future wife. Aren't ya?" Tuffnut smirks, you groan burying your face in your hands, cheeks heating up "T-Tuff we aren't-" Tuffnut quickly cuts Hiccup off "ah ah! Dear Hiccup, we know that. We also know it's only a matter of time!" Hiccups face flushes, Tuffnut leans in "I know you're planning it, let me help you." He leans back "well, we shall meet later for some man to man time, see you later lover boy!" The twins laugh and walk out.

Hiccup stood there dumbfounded "are you okay?" You ask, he shakes his head and sits back down "I should be asking you that." His face falls "I'm fine, just got scared and...well. My lungs aren't in the best condition to deal with the twins right now...or anything scary for that matter." You chuckle "those two are such idiots." He huffs "they're just who they are." You reply "oh, question. Why did I wake up cuddling pillows?"
"You don't remember me talking to you?" He shakes his head "I couldn't sleep. I was uncomfortable and my own loud breathing was keeping me awake...I really don't know how you managed to fall asleep." You say, Hiccup let's out a small laugh "it doesn't bother me."
"I felt bad for you having to sit up with me so I tried to wake you up so you could lay down and be more comfortable as I wasn't going to sleep. I told you to lie down you opened you eyes and shuffled down. So I guess some part of you did hear me." You giggle "seems so. Don't remember though."
You giggle again "only partially conscious." he wraps an arm around you, you cuddle up to him "do you fancy breakfast?" He asks, twirling some of your hair round his finger "yeah. Kinda hungry now." Hiccup stands up pulling you up with him. He rests his hands at your lower back, smiling warmly at you, your hands snaked around his neck, he leans in and kisses you softly "I'm so glad you're okay. I was so worried." He whispers "Not being able to breathe. It's horrible." 
"Ay, love birds! Quit scaring off my customers!" Gobber calls, Hiccup rolls his eyes, taking your hand and leading you to to the great hall.