Between life and death

You take a deep breath as Mystique dives into the water, lighting up her mouth to illuminate the dark, the salty ness stinging your eyes as you desperately searched around to Hiccup. Mystique quickly spots him, swimming lower, grabbing onto the chain, you start trying to lift the chains off from him, de wrapping them from around his body, with Mystiques help he was soon free. You hold onto him and Mystique as she swims up to the surface, both of you gasping loudly as you surface, Cloudjumper quickly lowers himself, picking Mystique up, taking you to a nearby island. You lay Hiccup down on his back, he wasn't moving. Pressing your ear to his chest trying to hear his heartbeat, there was nothing "oh god, no no!" You cry, clamping your hands together you start pressing against his chest "c'mon, Hiccup! Breathe, don't leave!"
"Do what you have too." You say to Mystique, she nods in understanding. She wasn't a violent dragon but if need be, today would be different, her and Cloudjumper take back off into the sky, leaving you and Valka.

"Dad?" Everything goes from black to white, in front of Hiccup stood Stoick "hello, son." He says, Hiccup almost falls backwards "where am I? Am I dead?"
Stoick shakes his head "not exactly." Hiccup tries to hug his father but he steps back "no, Hiccup. It's not time yet."
"Wh-What do you mean?" Hiccup asks, tears falling down his face "you are currently in the limbo between life and death, every soul has to pass through here before reaching the gates of Valhalla behind me, but you have the chance to return to earth, you need to to go back before it's too late. It's not your time to come here."

"It's was never your time either!" Hiccup cries, Stoick sighs softly "you wouldn't believe me if I told you otherwise. Besides we both know I had no choice in my situation. Listen to me, son. There's so much left for you to do, one day we will be reunited again properly, but not yet, I won't allow it. Which is why I'm stood here now."
Hiccup looks down, Stoick steps closer "look over there." He points to an opening in the clouds, in it you were furiously pressing Hiccups chest and breathing into his mouth. He could see his own lifeless body, nothing but an empty shell, it scared him. He was technically dead right now and looking at himself.
"she's a good lass, you found your soulmate. Right now she's fighting for you. She loves you, a lot and I know how much you love her too. Go back to her and your mother, they both need you and you need them. Berk needs you." Stoick says. Hiccup watches you for a moment, his heart breaking "I understand, I know I need to go back...I can't leave her, it's just...I miss you so much, it still hurts." He whispers looking back at Stoick who nods "I know, I miss you too. But remember, I'm always watching over you. You need to believe just how well you are doing and how proud I am, can you do that?" Hiccup nods "alright then. You don't have much time left, our bodies only have a few minutes after the heart stops in which revival is possible. I'll see you again one day, you are never alone, I'm always with you, your friends are too. I'm so proud of the young man you've become. I love you, Hiccup. Now go."

Suddenly Hiccup starts falling, he sees his father getting smaller and smaller as he plummets down. A sudden flash of bright light fills his vision then the feeling of the ground he was laying on becomes more noticeable as his consciousness comes back, his body jolts as his heart springs back into life. He gasps, rolling onto his side, coughing up the sea water. His lungs expand, air finally flowing through them, his heart thumping loudly in his ringing ears, eyes snapping open.
"Hiccup, oh my god you're alive!" You cry Valka helps him carefully sit up, letting him take slow deep breaths, rubbing his back gently as he slowly came to.
A loud explosion vibrates through the air, you see the gang all flying back towards you, Toothless lands, Astrid climbs off and the dragon comes bundling to his rider, licking him continuously "I'm happy to see you too, bud." Hiccup wheezes "what happened?" You ask, Astrid and Fishlegs look at each other, then back at Mystique who slowly approaches.
"You did it, didn't you girl?" She nods, you hug her tightly "it's okay."
Hiccup groans, holding onto his head "my head is killing me." You rub is back reassuringly "did you hit the water that hard?" Astrid asks, you shake your head "worse." Her mouth gawks open "how?"
You hesitate, Hiccup leans against your shoulder "it's fine, you can tell them." Taking a deep breath you explain.