Chapter 18

" it's active..."
Skylor mumbles as they all stands there quietly. This was what they least had expected... of course this was a good thing to them, but it was still unbelievable.. the master of earth hadn't been killed through the recent years... so this meant that the tomb had been activated for over a hundred years ago...this was probably the very first tomb to be activated...
" I guess there's just one tomb left to worry about.." Morro mumbles, looking around the place. It was dark, only their lights lit up the place. The walls were made out of stone, decorated with carvings of accent letters and stories.. the place was fascinating in some ways... but Brine couldn't bring himself to like it. This was just another place of evil. Why in the world would someone build something like this, only to bring back an evil monster from the underworld...? Whoever wanted this, he wasn't going to let it happen...
" look at the carvings... they're telling a story.." skylor gently let her fingers stroke over them, studying it carefully. She didn't properly know how to read it, but she recognized parts of it... she had seen these carvings back to when she was with the league. She had seen them in their leaders throne room...
" guys... I .." Skylor begins, but doesn't know how to express it. She could be wrong, but she could also be right.
" there are four primary elements right?" She turns and faces Kai, who had removed his own mask by now.
" as far as I'm aware.. yes?" He replies, unsure of what she was meaning by that.
" water isn't a primary element, right?" She asks. Kai slowly shakes his head.
" no, it's a secondary element. It's a distant relative to ice, witch is the primary element.." he told her. Didn't these guys know that already?
" then I believe the fifth tomb isn't an elemental tomb.. but where all the daggers are supposed to be summoned, and where the guardian is supposed to use his powers to connect the two worlds. And I believe I know where it is." She finishes off.
" Morro... Brine, you both grew up within the league... do you recognize these drawings?" She intensely stares at Brine, expecting him to answer first. But Morro replies. " yes... the throne room were full of them... how come?" He asks, starting to see the whole picture.
" I think the old league base was located at the fifth tomb, and I think the dark lord was fully aware of it, the league was after the tombs back then as well, but they found every one, except earth and fire... they activated the tombs... and yeah... here we are, they're very close to finishing it off... only fire left... luckily, Seliel has a clue to where it it... or at least that's what she told me." Skylor spoke, then she turned her attention towards the others. But the person she was waiting to answer didn't say a word.
" guys... where's Seliel?" Skylor now sees that she's not among them. Kai turns his head towards Morro, waiting for him to answer that as this was all his fault.
" we left her behind... we don't even know if she survived the fall" Morro replies coldly, but he feels a bit of regret to what he had done...
" what!? Why!?" Skylor bursts out, grabbing onto his suit in anger. They had left her best friend behind!
" you should have done something to get her back! What if they got her! What if they torture the information out of her!?" Skylor yells into Morro's face, and Kai gently grabs her, pulling her away from Morro, preventing her from killing him.
" my friends wouldn't torture her! We're not cruel people! She's... she's in safe hands if she and Cole survived the fall... please just calm down..." he mumbles, unsure of what to say next. His words at least calm her down a bit, and for a second, Skylor just stood there, with Kai's arms around her.
Was Kai being real? Was the ninja actually this noble? Their teammate Lloyd had been a league agent.. they had shown him mercy.. but why? The world doesn't care if you live or die... it's just how life works.. right?

" I'm reporting back to base" Morro spoke, walking towards the exit. " Brine, you're coming with me. You two, head back to base and get some rest, you're going to receive a new mission by dawn, but until then, get some rest." Brine gave Kai a look before he followed Morro out of the tomb. If it hadn't been for the bracelet on his wrist, he would have been long gone, back to the village where he lived, back to his old peaceful life. But of course this evil curse would prevent him from doing so.
Kai was watched them leave.
" I have a bad feeling about this..." Kai mumbled, not turning to face Skylor. He knew she sensed it too. Something wasn't right.
" he's only been staying with us for a year...I've been here for years... and now he's the one bossing me around..." she spoke, staring at Morro with hatred in her eyes as he leaves. Kai was unsure on how to approach this, but she wasn't acting normal either.
" tell me... why are you working with these people if they don't see all the good you have done for them? Why aren't you the one with a high rank?" Kai knew this could be a bit harsh, but maybe... he could make her switch sides and join the ninja instead? Brine wasn't happy about the league or the X squadron... maybe Skylor wouldn't be either.
" I'm still working here because this is my home" she replied, crossing her arms.
" yeah, I guess it is, but wouldn't you be happier somewhere else where the people sees your hard work and is great full to you for it?" Kai gently lays a hand on her shoulder and looks into her eyes. Skylor stares back, a bit taken back at how beautiful they were... but she forces herself to look away.
" what do you mean?" She mumbled, trying to sound angrily, but totally fails.
" what I'm saying is, you could be a hero. No one in the world knows about you, and you're a great agent, but you shouldn't be hiding your skills... you should show it to the world and the people by protecting it and fight against evil.."
" so what you're saying Kai is that I should leave with you and become a good guy huh!?" Her voice raises. Honestly, running away and do something great didn't sound bad, but she couldn't just leave... all her hard work would be wasted...
" what I'm saying is that you could do something that truly matters... help people instead of hurting them..." Kai replies, now reaching out a hand to take hers.
" why should I listen to you?" She narrows her eyes at him, not allowing herself to fall into his trap.
" because... deep down, you know I'm right." Skylor turns to leave, but Kai gently grabs her arm, preventing her from walking away.
" I don't want to become a ninja like you! So stop trying Kai, I belong with the league and the X squadron. I'm meant to be bad, and I will stay this way..."
A chuckle escapes Kai as she spoke.
" you don't have to be a ninja, you can become your own hero.. but you would look good in a ninja suit" a grin escapes him, and Skylor couldn't help but blush. Was he... messing with her!?
" get lost!" She pushes him away from her, now heading towards the exit, her face glowing read.
" what!? No one can resist this handsome face" Kai shouts after her, laughing. It didn't take long until he followed her, but before he did that, he noticed the dagger, carved in a stone not to far from him. They hadn't noticed it... the key... if they didn't have this dagger, along side the others, then the gateway to the underworld wouldn't be opened!
Quickly he ran over to it and grabbed the sharp object, hiding it in his suit. If he got the chance, he could give it to the boys... make them hide it, but then again... that meant he had to blow his cover... but.. maybe someone else could deliver it to them from him...